46- My Woman

It had been a few days and my heart felt heavy but at the same time, empty. There was a storm in my mind, a destruction.

But a cold frontage masked all my despair. A devoid took over me and I remained the coldest I could with a fair distance.

After that Me and Roy- 'Mr Layne' didn't exchange any words.

There was a silence between us; endless distance and dismay but I didn't have enough strength to pass it again and gain nothing in the end.

He can go to hell for all I care now. Let him suffer. When he is not letting me then he can go to hell and fuck himself.

"Mr Layne, I need a short leave." I said coldly after being done with my work.

"Why?" He asked, without looking up from his file.

"I need to go to the school for my sister's admission." I said calmly.

He lowered his file and glanced at him with a constant tender gaze and nodded.

"I can drop you." He offered expectantly.

"No need, Sir." I said, looking at him emotionless. I wanted to taunt him but I didn't have strength for a useless argument.

He put down his file and raised an eyebrow with inscrutable emotions but I just remained unbothered.

"Can I go?" I asked out of irritation.

He put his hand over his forehead and sighed, "You may." I nodded and left.

I took Eri to the school. The new session has just started, I got the form and did all the necessary stuff and then we went to a pizza place.

I put my elbow over the table and put my chin over my palm and looked at Eri smiles and felt serene. I smiled when I looked at her.

My heart was at peace.

"You okay, Nut?" She asked.

I chuckled and removed the bit of food over her cheek, "I am fine." I replied as sweetly as I could.

She shrugged her shoulders and I asked, "You love me, don't you, Eri?"

"Of course, I love you more than anyone!" She beamed with a grin, getting down and kissing my cheeks which soothed me instantly.

"I love you too. We will be together. Forever." I whispered, kissing her hand as she went back to her seat.

"Now you would be going to school, you don't have to be alone at home and lonely." I told her sweetly, knowing she must be excited for a new adventure in her life.

She grinned and nodded.

"Yes! But.. I miss Minnie." She beamed but turned sad, talking about her best friend at the orphanage.

"We can pay her a visit. And you can make new friends too." I said happily, hoping to lift her mood.

"Mhm!"

The rest of the day went well and we returned home. We cooked cookies together and being a sweet tooth we instantly finished it and laughed.

At night, I put her to sleep and then cooked cookies again so that when she woke up the next morning she would be exhilarated upon seeing them.

I put them on the dining table and sat on the counter and began to use my phone.

I was humming to myself, trying not to think about any bad stuff. I sighed and put my phone back but then my phone rang and there was text from Lucien.

My heart skipped a beat, I haven't heard from him for a while.

'I am outside, open the door.'

I gulped and replied, 'You are not welcomed here.'