Kocho Shinobu | Butterfies

Mosquito lady.

~*~
You lay against a tree, catching your breath as you watch the demon you beheaded slowly crumble and disappear.

A small, female figure approaches your way with an insect-like haori on. You stop yourself from slouching against the tree, tensing due to the pain.

"Are you alright?" The female asked, kneeling down beside you.

Your eyes widen as you notice who she was. Shinobu Kocho. The Insect Pillar. You clear your throat. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Oh, well, you don't seem alright." Shinobu tilted her head slightly to the right.

Shinobu treated your wounds, the soft touch of her hands made you feel anxious.

You tense at the sudden fatigue that was aching in your body. You put your legs up to your face in pain as Shinobu pats your foot for slight comfort.

"Try to relax and ingore the pain. Don't move around so much, but do if you need to." Shinobu rises from her kneeling position, walking away to treat the other slayers.

You do exactly what Shinobu told as the sweet lavender scent was left behind her. The Kakushi later on spot you.

~*~

The Kakushi carry you on their backs as your not too far from the Butterfly Mansion to rest. You lift your head up, gazing at the mansion in awe.

Later on, you've been laid in a white bed for healing and rest. The door opens as Shinobu walks in to check on you.

"You look better. That's great!" Shinobu smiled. Your heart skipped a beat as her soft voice entered the silent room.

You nod slowly, gazing into her purple eyes. She'd blink confusingly, waving her hand infront of your face.

You quickly look away, realizing what you've done. "Sorry." You mutter, balling your hands up.

"No worries! I'm glad you're doing alright, though!" Shinobu said, waving her hand up and down.

"Lady Kocho." You get her attention, exhaling before speaking again.

"When you treated my wounds, I had this feeling." You pause. "Like butterflies."

"Butterflies?" Shinobu tilted her head the the left.

You nod. "Do you know what I mean..?"

"Oh, why yes." Shinobu nodded.

"That feeling means that your anxious. You get butterflies in your stomach." Shinobu explained.

"Oh.." You look down, sipping from your cup of tea.

"Prehaps, why are you anxious?" Shinobu questioned, sitting down in the process.

You hesitate, looking at her once again.
"Lady Kocho. I like- no. Love you."

"Oh?" Shinobu blinked.

"This is awkward." You mutter, putting your face in your hands in embarrassment.

"No, it's fine!" Shinobu tapped you on the shoulder, causing you to flinch.

"Lady Kocho" You turn your head towards her.

"How do I become a pillar..?" You inhale through your teeth, asking her quickly.

"Just like you." You mutter.

"You have a lot to learn. You sure you want to go the path of a Hashira?" Shinobu asked, rising from her seat.

You hesitate for a moment, fidgeting with your hands. "...I'm sure. Positive."

"Great!" Shinobu clasped her hands together, smiling.

"First you need your wounds to heal." Shinobu said, opening the door.

"Wait." You stop her. "Can you stay here for a little longer?"

"Why, of course!"

~*~
Felt weird typing Lady Kocho for the first time..

Have a wonderful day!