Kaigaku | Baby

~*~"Hey! Leave

~*~
"Hey! Leave... Zenitsu alone! Please..." You mutter the last few words under your breath, getting in front of Zenitsu as you yell at Kaigaku.

Kaigaku grumbled, crushing the peach that was in his hand, dropping the smashed fruit on the floor before he left the scene.

"Zenitsu... are you okay?" You question the yellow haired boy, putting your hands on his shoulders, calming down his sobbing a bit. Zenitsu sniffled, along with a nod to his head.

A faint smile appeared on your face. You help Zenitsu get back on his feet. "Good. Let's go now." You both walk back to the small cabin, where your grandfather, Jigoro stays.

I can't keep this up. One day, I won't be there when Zenitsu needs help with little things, like getting bullied. A small exhale escapes from your mouth a bit as you dip your head to the ground. You walk much slower than before as you went in more thought.

He needs to stand up for himself. I'm not his bodyguard. You quickly drop the thought, continuing to walk a bit faster. "Y/N? Are you alright?" Zenitsu questioned, still having tears running down his face.

"Oh, yeah! I'm fine, why?" You quickly look at Zenitsu, squeezing his hand tightly by accident. The yellowed haired boy flinched, quickly slipping his hand out of yours to rub his own hand. "Ow.." Zenitsu muttered under his breath.

You quickly noticed your action. "Ah! I'm sorry!" You apologize, bowing a bit. Zenitsu let a nervous chuckle escape his mouth. "It's fine." Zenitsu gave a smile. You both eventually arrive at the small cabin to rest in.

You always had strong feelings for Kaigaku. Though, you try your best to keep it well hidden. You keep the feeling hidden since you have no idea if Kaigaku has the same feeling for you. Getting rejected is pain you can't even see. You know that feeling, because it happened multiple times for you.

Days have passed, you spend the time to train Zenitsu about all the things you learned from your master, since Zenitsu was behind. Far behind. But, of course, you didn't torture Zenitsu. You both still had fun with training.

"Hey, Zenitsu. Was it really true?" You paused, getting his attention. "That lightning changed your hair color??" You questioned as Zenitsu layed on your lap. You pick and mess with his yellow and faded orange hair. Zenitsu pushed your hand away a bit. "Yeah." He muttered.

"Woah.. how did you survive?" You asked, a bit starstruck. Zenitsu gave a shrug as an answer. "C'mon! Tell meee!" You play wih his yellow colored hair even more. "I.. I guess good luck..?" Zenitsu shrugged once more with a faint smile on his face, clinging onto your lap. "Fine, I'll take that as an answe-" You stop your mouth from running as you find Kaigaku a few inches away from you both.

"Oh! Hello, Kaigaku!" You gave him a smile. He didn't respond, only a slight, visible shiver from his body. He gave a small death glare towards Zenitsu. He growled under his breath, walking away. You and Zenitsu look at each other for a moment, pausing.

"I'll go talk to him real quick." You tell Zenitsu as he gave a quick nod, watching you leaving a bit sadly. "Kaigaku?" You call his name, walking in the direction you remember him leaving the scene in. You eventually spot him by a small pond. "Oh! Kaigaku, there you are!" Kaigaku was looking at the swimming, different kinds of fish as he ignored your words.

"Hey, what's wrong?" You sit beside Kaigaku as the fish quickly swim away due to your loudness. Kaigaku took a glance at you, then the pond. "I'm fine." Kaigaku said with a raspy tone of voice, as he let out a lie. His tone sounded like he was crying for a while.

"You can always talk to me." You gave a small, soft smile towards the black haired boy. He shook his head in a 'no' gesture, changing his sitting position.

Your smile dropped a bit. "No, for real, Kaigaku. Please tell me if there's something wron-"

"YES. THERE IS." Kaigaku snapped, narrowing his eyes at you. "There is something wrong." Kaigaku muttered, eyeing the ground. "Look, Y/N. It's complicated I-" Kaigaku stammered a bit with a shrug, giving up on his words.

"Kaigaku, please tell me." You gave a small tilt to your head, blinking a bit. Kaigaku huffed, rubbing his black colored hair back and forth before opening his mouth. "Y/N, I always loved you, okay?" Kaigaku paused, a bit of a faded pink color appered on his face as you copied. "And seeing you with that little pipsqueak... It hurts. It hurts me." Kaigaku muttered, balling his hands up into fists.

"Kaigaku, I.. I never knew. I'm sorry." You apologized, dipping your head down. "No. Stop apologizing." Kaigaku lifted your chin up, looking at you for a moment. You let in an inhale before speaking. "Kaigaku, I feel the same way. I love you too, before all of this happened. The first time I laid eyes on you." You pull Kaigaku closer towards your body for a hug.

He paused, his body shaking a bit once more. You quickly give Kaigaku a small kiss on the side of his face, hugging him tighter. Kaigaku hesitated for a moment before hugging you back.

"Thank you." You heard a small mutter under Kaigaku's breath, a few tears escaping his eyes.

"Of course. Anything for you."

~*~
Zenitsu's the third wheel. /j

Have an amazing day!