Sabito | Alive

~*~"Make it back safe, you hear me? Don't do anything dumb

~*~
"Make it back safe, you hear me? Don't do anything dumb." You warn Sabito, making sure he's perfectly prepared for Final Selection.

Sabito pushed your hand away a bit with a grin. "Anything dumb? I'll come back without a scratch!" Sabito huffed proudly as you immediately don't believe. You let out a sigh, giving him a tight squeeze, hugging him.

"Okay! Okay, I'm ready!" Sabito patted your back with a smile as you let go of his torso, putting your hands on his shoulder. "Please. Don't die, Sabito." You lower your voice, telling the peach haired boy with all seriousness.

You gave another hug to Sabito as he gave a nod, waving before he took off. You stared at him slowly running off into the fog, like a proud parent, watching their child go off by themselves.

Final Selection only lasted till 7 days. A week. A week of worrying over Sabito. The thought of Sabito never making it back made you sick to your stomach.

Eventually, a week has passed, meaning you stood outside, waiting for Sabito to return, hopefully in one piece. Sometimes you went inside the cabin for warmth, though you stood by that window, practically pushing your face against the glass to see out the window more.

Dusk appeared as concern washed all over your body, shaking to your core. You force your body to stay active by walking around a bit, forcing your eyes to stay open as well. Suddenly a knock alarms you. You quickly slide open the door before Urokodaki can stop you.

You find a badly wounded Sabito infront of your eyes. "Sabito!" You yelled excitedly, giving him a hug, almost making him stumble to the ground. Your first instincts were to hug Sabito and cry. Cry of joy, ecstatic joy. The joy you couldn't describe in one word.

"Waaaah! Sabitoo! You're alive!! I'm so happy!" You take pauses of inhaled sobs through your words as you nuzzle Sabito's shoulder, tears soaking his clothing. "Hey.. Y/N." Sabito gave a faint smile, hugging you back.

Urokodaki had to drag you away from Sabito with slight force, due to his condition. You let out a big, relieved exhale, relaxing your body a bit. You wipe your running tears off the sides of your face with your clothing, sniffling a bit as you leaning over to the left to see Sabito get treated to his wounds.

When he was finished, he was a bit delicate at first, meaning you couldn't be so rough with him. Sabito quickly walked over towards your direction, wiping a tear from one of your eyes with his finger. "You crybaby." Sabito teased with a grin. "I'm fine! Don't worrrrry!" Sabito waved his hand up and down against the air, letting out a small chuckle.

You lean your body fowards, Sabito quickly catching you with swift reflexes. "Hey, c'mon now! Don't do that when I'm in this condition, alright?" Sabito huffed, shaking your body side to side a little. "Ehe, don't worry. It was a trust fall. Good thing we practiced." You mess with his soft, messy, peach colored hair playfully.

Sabito let half of your body hit the floor, though it didn't hurt, it caught you off guard. You noticed you were grasping Sabito's clothing as well. You quickly let go with a nervous chuckle under your breath. Sabito scoffed with a wide smile. "Don't sweat it, scaredy cat." Sabito teased once more, his tongue showing a bit.

A slight huff exited your mouth, taking a glance at Sabito for a moment. You suddenly pounce on him, giving him a sudden cuddle attack.

"Y/N!!"

~*~
Man, Sabito is just a great character in general. More people need to treat him more than a "side character."

Have a great day!