Shinazugawa Sanemi | Death Mission

I'm sorry, but Sanemi's just cute in this picture 😭

Warning! Swearing

~*~
You and Sanemi were assigned a mission to slay an 12 Kizuki in the area. You volunteered first before Sanemi could.

"Ouch.. ow, ow.." You mutter under your breath, slowing down your running with Sanemi. He stopped looking over his shoulder with a squint. "What? What is it?" He questioned, blinking.

"It's nothing, just fatigue that hit my feet. That's all." You give him a smile, tensing at the sharp aching a bit. Sanemi huffed, giving half of an nod. "Then, let's go." Sanemi grumbled.

You two continue to walk off into the forest. Minutes went by as there were no signs of demon activity around yet. Sanemi tapped one of his hands on the tree bark as you sat down, rubbing one of your feet. "If there was a demon, they'd be one already." Sanemi crossed his arms, leaning up against the tree.

"Don't jinx it, Sanemi.." You warn him as he took a glance at you. "Hey, who said you could say my first name?" Sanemi narrowed his eyes as you stood quiet. "Plus, I'm doing the work around here. Weren't you the one that volunteered anyway?" Sanemi shook his head with a slight snort. "Unbelievable."

You hated the fact he did have a point. You took a breath, calming down. "Yes I have. But, at least I'm not crying, right?" You spoke back, putting one of your kimono sandals back on your feet. Sanemi growled under his breath, dropping the conversation there.

Footsteps approached the way you two were resting by, Sanemi stood up straight, putting his hand on the handle of the katana. You force your body to stand up, hitting your foot against the ground for the blood to drop to your foot. Sanemi waved his hand at you with a small side eye. "Stop that." He muttered. You didn't reply, only gave him a disrespectful look behind his back.

Why couldn't I be paired with someone more respectful.. You eye your sword, placing your hand on it. "Demon." Sanemi grumbled, approaching it as you followed behind him. Sanemi launched himself towards the demon, raising his sword and aiming for its neck.

Sanemi eventually gets quickly pushed away, his back slamming into one of the trees with force. You quickly run over in case of need. "Shinazugawa! Are you alright?" You questioned as Sanemi huffed, getting back up. Sanemi paused for a minute, reading the demon's eyes. "Dammit. 12 Kizuki." Sanemi growled as you overheard. "Wait, you mean this is the one?" You quickly question as Sanemi ingored you, once again, attacking the 12 Kizuki.

You weren't Hashira material yet, meaning you had sometime to improve your skill strength. You help Sanemi out by slashing at the demon to make them slower. The 12 Kizuki attempts to bite at your direction as you quickly put your katana in their mouth to push them away.

You took a glance at Sanemi as he was already dripping blood from his arms and face. The fatigue reached to part of your legs, causing them to tense up and buckle a bit. Your body meets the ground as the demon was pulled away by Sanemi before they could reach you. "Why won't you go to hell already?!" Sanemi yelled, slashing through it's arm with a clean swipe.

Lots of minutes went by during this fight between a 12 Kizuki, which felt like hours to both of you. You get slammed against the ground, feeling like you did crack something. You force your body to get up this last time before it shuts down completely, limping over to the demon to try to behead it.

It was a fail. You fell the the ground completely out of breath. You rest your body, closing your eyes as it began to grow dark. Sanemi looked over the demon and at you, laying there unresponsive. "Shit!" Sanemi yelled, slashing the demon's jaw recklessly as it fell to the ground. Sanemi got out of it's grasp, running over to you.

"L/N, what happened now? Get up!" Sanemi shook your body as you didn't most nor reply once. Sanemi growled under his breath, picking you up to carry you away from the scene. He sat you down, the farthest place wre the fight was. "Dammit to hell, man." Sanemi pounded the ground with his fist, clenching his eyes a bit. "Don't you dare die." Sanemi huffed, leaving you by yourself.

Sanemi reached the 12 Kizuki again as it was in the middle of regenerating. Sanemi didn't hesitate to attack the demon at full force. "Die you fucking bastard!" Sanemi yelled once more, slashing at the demon's throat to behead it. It was easier and more efficient than before since Sanemi had full focus on the demon instead of others. The 12 Kizuki fell to the ground and crumbled in an instant. Sanemi rushed over to your need, sheathing his sword.

"Don't die right now." Sanemi muttered, the slight concern in his voice showed. Sanemi picked you up, rushing over to the Butterfly Mansion. You definitely were alive, just in a blackout due to bloodloss and massive fatigue.

~*~

You regain your consciousness, waking up in the Butterfly Mansion's bed. Sanemi was right next to you, lifting up his head as you make movement.

His face lit up a bit, relieved to see you alive. "L/N." Sanemi quickly spoke, giving you a quick glare. "Why the hell did you decide to almost die?" Sanemi questioned with an annoyed huff. You give an offended look. "It wasn't-" You cough, noticing it's hard to talk in this condition.

"Your fault? Mhm, sure." Sanemi finished your words, shaking his head. "The butterfly helpers told me you do have two broken ribs." Sanemi changed the subject, his voice getting a little lower. You paused, your eyes widened a bit. "Wha?!" You slightly panic. "You should shut up if you want to get better." Sanemi shot a glare at you.

"But." Sanemi exhaled, pausing. "At least you're alive, and that's what matters." Sanemi muttered as you gave him a confused look. You weren't used to him in a calm manner and actually concerned about you. Sanemi froze, looking at your face. "What? What's wrong now." Sanemi squinted at your expression as you shook your head with a faint smile.

"Thank you Shinazugawa. For saving me." You thank him as Sanemi lowered his head in embarrassment, nodding a bit. "Mhm." He grunted. "Call me Sanemi." Sanemi said, rising to his feet as you gave a smile.

Sanemi stood by the doorframe, sighing. "L/N. Don't die stupidly next time, okay?" Sanemi looked over his shoulder before he left the room.

The words Sanemi was practically trying to say were: 'Stay safe.' You gave a nod, your smile getting a bit bigger as you rest your head, getting some rest for your body again.

Thank you, Sanemi.

~*~
I had a bit of fun making this chapter! I don't know if my hands did, though.

Have a great day!