Kocho Kanae | Worth It

~*~"Over here! Over heeeere!" Your crow squawked repeatedly as you followed them towards the demon

~*~
"Over here! Over heeeere!" Your crow squawked repeatedly as you followed them towards the demon.

You stopped, finding the demon, standing in front of Kanae. "Demon! Demon! Caaw!" You heard the distance yelling of your crow, swirling around the demon in the night sky.

Shinobu stood behind you, peeking her head out from your side, squinting her eyes at the demon. The demon appeared to be an uppermoon as well.

Without making a sound, you quickly block the attack of the upper rank with your sword. A slight chip to your sword caused you to stumble back a bit. Though, your rank was higher than average, you still had a bit of trouble training your body.

"Oh!" The upper rank let out a gasp, a grin on his face. He let his battle fans down, tilting his head to the side with a blink. "Aaaaand you are?"

"Wipe that grin off your face." You dodged the demon's question, giving a squint to the demon. You glanced at Kanae for a moment. A faint smile of relief was smeared on her face.

A slight scoff escaped your mouth, glaring at the upper rank, then eyeing Kanae. "Let's go." You spoke to her, gently grabbing her hand to guide her. You both fled the scene, the upper rank left behind.

Shinobu followed behind you both, looking behind her shoulder, glancing at the demon. The upper rank was cornered by serval of slayers, and possibly Hashira.

The silence was all throughout the forest, Kanae took a couple of glances towards you, looking down at her feet with a smile. You eye her for a second, noticing a faint blush gathered around her face. She'd possibly squeeze your hand by accident a few times.

You both exit the woods, entering the Butterfly Garden. Shinobu went inside, leaving you two alone in silence for a moment. "Y/N..." Kanae got your attention. "I want to say, thank you for saving me back there. You were very brave..!" Kanae praised you, clapping her hands together, smiling.

You gave a slight nod. "It's my job." You replied, eyeing her. Kanae later hummed a soft tune, swaying her body side to side gently. Kanae stared at your appearance as you quickly noticed. You turned your head, blinking a couple of times. You expected her to immediately start speaking.

But, it took her awhile to find the right words and not choke on them. Though, eventually, she spoke. "Y/N. I have something to tell you. Please listen." Kanae turned her whole body towards you. You glanced at the long black haired girl, noticing it seemed important, so, you did the same.

"My little sister, Shinobu told me great and wonderful things about you. And, I can agree." Kanae paused, tilting her head to the side, her smile getting bigger as she spoke.

"You're quiet and calm. But, show lots of empathy for others. That's the thing I adore about you." Kanae let out a small giggle before continuing. A small smile appeared on your face, flattered.

"I love you Y/N..! Everything about you. It's true!" Kanae was seen with a visible, pink blush quickly forming on her face. You blinked, opening your mouth, but no words on the other end.

Kanae let out a nervous giggle. "Ah, I'm sorry, you probably don't feel the same way I do. Apologies.." Kanae gave a slight bow in respect. You quickly shook your head in a 'no' manner.

"No. It's okay." You paused, clearing your throat a little. "I honestly love you as well. Really." You muttered, taking a couple of glances at Kanae, then the floor.

Kanae let go a slight gasp of joy. "That's wonderful!" She cheered, tilting her head to the side, clapping her hands together again.

"You know.." You spoke, getting her attention.

"It was worth speaking to you." You said with a smile, blushing a faint pink.

"Aww.." Kanae said under her breath.

"It was definitely worth it..!"

~*~
So, I don't really know if the Butterfly Mansion existed when Kanae was still alive. If I got that wrong, I apologize!

Have a wonderful day!