Tsuyuri Kanao | Path Of Petals

Happy Birthday, Kanao!
Little Silent Butterfly. <3

~*~
"Y/N, where are we going?" Kanao kept up the pace with your speed walking as she questioned.

"It's a surprise!" You'd respond, taking a glance behind your shoulder to see Kanao once more.

You and Kanao have been pretty good friends over the months. Though you rarely see her since she's around the Butterfly Mansion so much. But, seeing a small glance of her is better than nothing to you.

You both eventually arrive at the area that was set up for the surprise. Luckily, Kanao didn't catch on to it as soon as they arrived. "We're heeere!" You'd smile as Kanao gave a faint smile back. "It's lovely." She'd nod.

You try to maintain a positive attitude around lots of people, including yourself. Though, hearing the loss of some of your close friends, does hurt. It hurts a lot, actually. But, you still have positive thoughts and a big heart.

"Okay. I brought this with me for the surprise. Close your eyes for meeee.." You'd lower your voice, taking the folded blindfold from your pocket. You'd wrap and tie it gently around Kanao's eyes. You'd wipe off the fallen petals that were on her clothing and hair.

Kanao flinched, since her sharpest, most effective sense is disabled for now, her sight. She knew it was your hand. The warmth gave it away. A faint pink color appeared on her face. You'd stop your action, noticing what happened to Kanao. You'd clear your throat. "...Alright! Hold my hand, I'll guide you." You spoke.

It took about a couple of tries for Kanao to search and grab your hand. Just by grasping each other's hands, you both feel your face heat up quickly. During the small walk, you tried to shake off that feeling deep down in your heart.

"Okay. You can remove the blindfold now!" You quickly got in front of Kanao, eyeing her hand for a moment. Kanao took off the blindfold, closing her eyes for a second, due to the beaming Sun.

Kanao eventually opened her eyes to find cherry blossom trees everywhere. There was a pathway for them as well. The scenery was very beautiful, something that could be seen once.

"Happy Birthday, Kanao!" You'd smile, giving a small cheering for her. She'd cover her mouth with her hands. A small gasp escaped her mouth. "Thank you, this is so pretty..!" She'd respond, looking around the area in amazement.

Relief flowed through your body, glad that she loved it. It was your idea that came to mind. Kanao loved your idea. That's a start. "Glad you like it." You'd tilt your head to the side, both of your smiles not disappearing anytime soon.

Kanao gave you a small, soft hug on the right side of your body. "Thank you, Y/N. This is something I never had before." Kanao lowered her voice, as you hugged her back. "You're very welcome." You responded, moving one of her black hair strands out of her face.

You both decide to sit down and enjoy this nice scenery. She'd lay against you, giving you the opportunity to cuddle. You gave her a small kiss on the forehead as she looked up at you. Kanao looked like she was trying to process what happened. When it got to her, she dipped her head with a visible blush on her face.

"Ehe, sorry.." A small nervous giggle escaped your mouth while you spoke in a rush. Kanao shook her head. "It's fine." Kanao quickly answered, nuzzling half of your chest. Kanao could hear the faint heartbeat from your chest as she grew more comfortable towards you.

She eventually dozed off, making you in charge of keeping her resting easy. You'd stroke her black hair, pulling her closer towards you affectionately. You'd look ahead of you, between the pretty cherry blossom trees, you found a nice sunset for you to enjoy.

This birthday surprise was a great success.

~*~
The coin didn't exist in this chapter.

Have a wonderful day!