Hashibira Inosuke | Signs Of Love

~*~"Ow!" You whimper, your back getting slammed against a tree harshly

~*~
"Ow!" You whimper, your back getting slammed against a tree harshly. You stumble a bit, grabbing the tree bark for support as you aim the tip of your katana at the demon.

"Pathetic." The demon spoke, stepping a step towards you. You freeze, having no feeling in your legs. Your body meets the tree again as you look up at the demon with constant fear in your eyes.

You decide to slash the demon's mouth as it gets closer towards you. It backed away, touching its partly slashed mouth. "No more hesitating, then." The demon lifted its head, shooting a glare at you.

You drop your sword as fear overwhelmed your whole body. You clench your eyes shut, holding your breath for a while. The sound of screaming and yelling sounded a bit familiar to you. You open one eye to find the glimpse of a boar mask you absolutely love.

"How dare you tease Y/N like that?! Die!" Inosuke spat at the demon, butchering your name terribly as he beheaded the demon with a clean sharp slice with his saw-like kanata.

Inosuke rushed over towards you, kneeling down. "Grrah... Y/N, what did you do??" Inosuke questioned, concern in his tone of voice. He lifted your partly bloody arm with an exhale. "Inosuke.." You mutter, getting his attention.

"Ino..suke. Inosuke.. Inosuke..." You repeat his name lots of times, sniffling. Tears began running down your face. Inosuke pauses, giving a head tilt. "Y/N! What happened now? Stop crying.." Inosuke lowered his voice, trying his best to comfort you.

"L..look! I'll give you some acorns if you stop crying!" Inosuke lifted half of his mask up, showing his bright green eyes as he stared at you in a panic. You wrap your arms around Inosuke, giving him a hug, sobbing under your breath.

Inosuke froze up, even trembling a bit. He got a bit angry at himself for his body reacting that way. Inosuke hesitated to hug you back, but eventually did. "Inosuke I'm sorry.. I wasn't careful.." You tighten the hug as he patted your back gently. "Shh." He responded, resting your head on part of your shoulder.

That day, something changed about Inosuke. He grew much of a liking towards you. Though, you weren't the best and skilled fighter, Inosuke didn't tease you. He was rather.. pretty friendly.

"So, what exactly happened, Inosuke?" Tanjiro questioned as Inosuke grumbled in annoyance, only explaining it in a weird hand 'language.' After the fight, you were treated to your wounds in the butterfly mansion. The trio waited till you were done.

You are great friends with the trio, and almost do missions with each other. You first met Inosuke when he was trying to steal your sword and try to run off with it. Luckily, Tanjiro stopped him.

"Listen closely, Konjiro!" Inosuke huffed, saying Tanjiro's name rather wrongly once again. "Tanjiro.." Tanjiro muttered, sighing. Inosuke shook his head, dismissing that topic.

"When Y/N hugged me, it felt weird! It was like a harsh beating in my chest, I'm telling ya!" Inosuke got up into Tanjiro's face, doing his hand movements again. "Like this!" He pounded the bed he was sitting on harshly with his fist.

Tanjiro stopped him a bit, raising Inosuke's hand up. He blinked, trying to put the pieces together so it can actually make sense. "Wait, so.. what part of your chest?" Tanjiro questioned as Inosuke pointed to the left side of his chest. "Right here!"

Tanjiro gave a nod. "Inosuke, that's your heart." Tanjiro explained as Inosuke stared at him like he was seeing the end of time for a moment. Tanjiro paused, realizing something. "Inosuke, do you like Y/N?" Tanjiro asked as Inosuke's eyes flew open. "No!" He yelled as an answer, he tucked his boar mask all the way down to his head, grumbling.

Tanjiro chuckled, giving another nod. He patted Inosuke's shoulder as he slouched down in embarrassment. You enter the room as it went silent for a moment. You had a few wrapped bandages around your arms and some on your ankles. Inosuke curled up into a ball, glancing at you every so often through his mask.

"Did everything go well, Y/N?" Tanjiro asked as you gave a nod, sitting beside to two of them. You take a glance at Inosuke who was slightly trembling at the time. "Is he okay?" You ask Tanjiro as he gave a half of a nod. You tap Inosuke's back as he eyed you with several deep breaths. "W..what?" Inosuke stammered a bit.

"Is everything alright?" You asked concerningly, Inosuke giving a quick nod to his head. He sat up, hitting the left side of his chest, trying to make his rapid pulse calm down a bit. That really wasn't as effective. You stare at him confusingly. He took off his boar mask, putting it on top of his hair as it grew too hot from him to handle.

You, Tanjiro, and Zenitsu all stared at Inosuke freaking out over his body and at you. Zenitsu grumbled, knowing it'll take forever for him to admit he loves you. "Y/N." Zenitsu walked over towards you, getting your attention.

"This crazy boar loves you." Zenitsu muttered as Inosuke paused, a flustered blush washing over his entire face. He opened his mouth but no words came out the other end. "Wait, really..? Inosuke?" You look at Inosuke as he shook his head, obviously lying. He threw one of the pillows at Zenitsu's face with great aim, finding his voice again.

"I don't, okay?! I.. I don't!" Inosuke stopped his rambling as he saw your expression. You looked a bit relaxed and relieved. "Inosuke, shh.." You soften your voice as you hug his side, rubbing his back. He calmed down, hugging you back with a faint smile.

"I love you too, Inosuke." You take his boar mask off of the top of his head, setting it in his lap. You let go of his torso, Inosuke quickly hugging you again from the backside, eventually cuddling you.

"Something has changed about Inosuke.." Zenitsu grunted, sitting beside Tanjiro. Tanjiro gave a nod. "Definitely."

"This is only the beginning of their love."

~*~
I wonder how Inosuke would confess.

Have a great day!