Tomioka Giyuu | A Restful Dream

~*~Giyuu has been part of the Demon Slayer Corps, ever since he first hit teenage year

~*~
Giyuu has been part of the Demon Slayer Corps, ever since he first hit teenage year. It wasn't easy for him along the way, though. Multiple lives slipping past his fingers to even count was painful to hear and see for him.

Giyuu just accepted fate and saw the world as meaningless.
Until, you came into his life.

The water pillar, Giyuu Tomioka is practically an adult, and still gets terrible nightmares ever so often. Giyuu is still human, so nightmares can still occur to anyone. You were a bit younger than Giyuu, but a bit clingy when it comes to him.

You sit in Giyuu's room, in his wooden chair as his takes off his haori, placing it on a hanger, and on the rack. "Hey.. Tomioka? Why do you think of yourself as the.. 'fake Hashira?'" You air quote, placing your hand on the side of your face as you watch Giyuu pause for a moment.

Giyuu slightly bit his lip, slanting his eyes at that topic. He tried his best way to avoid about talking about it, but it felt like something he needed to talking about with you. "L/N." He cleared his throat, sitting on the edge of his bed with one knee up to his mouth. "I tend to take shortcuts in life to see if life's different or not." Giyuu paused tensing up a bit at the next set of words he's been build up to say.

"I.. never finished Final Selection." Giyuu glanced at your face for a second to look at your reaction. You paused, blinking at him. "You.. never?" Your tone dramatically drops low as Giyuu pretty much expected that. "Sabito, my friend that I used to train with, alongside our mentor, Urokodaki." Giyuu took a breath, closing his eyes. "Sabito sacrificed his life that day to save me."

"Wait what..?" You straighten your posture in your chair, taking one leg off of your other. "Tomioka. Why didn't you tell me all of this sooner? I.. had no idea." You gave a slight frown as Giyuu hesitantly turned to your direction. "I didn't think it was time yet." Giyuu muttered, swallowing back his words about his deceased sister.

"I'm so sorry that all happened to you." You get up from the chair, giving Giyuu a soft and gentle hug. Giyuu froze up, not expecting a warm hug from you all the sudden. A faint smile was plastered on Giyuu's face as he slowly hugged you back.

"Hey um.. if you don't mind, could I stay in here tonight?" You question, almost mumbling as you let go of Giyuu's torso slowly. Giyuu looked down at the floor, processing what he just heard come from your mouth. "Um, sure. I don't mind.." Giyuu whispered a bit, resting his back against his bed.

As things settled down slowly, Giyuu caught his yawn, pulling half of his covers up to his torso. He fluffed and adjusted his pillow before resting his head on top of it. You watched Giyuu slowly get drowsy as you quickly get up, tapping him on the shoulder. The water pillar opens one eye.

You grow a bit embarrassed as the question you're about to ask slips out of your throat. "Is there room for one more?" You ask in a rush, closing your jaw. Giyuu's eyes widened a bit at your question. Eventually, after moments of stalling and thinking, Giyuu gave a small nod to his head. "Thanks." You mutter, still a bit awkward between you two.

Giyuu fell asleep first, due to amount of missions he didn't speak about. Luckily, the water pillar wasn't a snorer. You glance over to his back, the uniform he was sleeping in showed the words 'destroy' still clear enough to see in the faint darkness.

Giyuu slightly shifted his body in his sleep, his finger touching your arm in the slightest touch. You still make a small flinch to your body, noticing it was just Giyuu's finger. You slowly and gently grab his hand, putting it up to your chin as you doze off with it, like a stuffed plushie.

Eventually, daytime arose as Giyuu slowly awakened out of his nightmare-free sleep. His black, slick hair was pretty much messy at the time. He slowly sat up, stretching a bit. He dipped his heavy head down, still drowsy.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." You slightly chuckle, in the process of getting your things all packed up. Giyuu slightly jumped at your sudden voice. "Sleep well?" You glance over your shoulder, seeing a glimpse of Giyuu's face. He didn't reply right away, only a halfway nod, rubbing one of his eyes.

You give him a bright smile. "That's good." You pick up your bag, putting one strap on your shoulder. "Good morning L/N." Giyuu finally spoke with a bit of a raspy tone of voice. "I'll be going now. I have some tiring work to do, that I want to get over with." You walk over to Giyuu's door, sliding it to the left.

"Bye, Tomioka. See you soon?" You stand by his door for a few more seconds as Giyuu gave another nod. "See you soon." He muttered with a small smile. The sight of seeing Giyuu smile makes you feel a bit accomplished. "Alright then, bye!" You slide the door closed, Giyuu staring at his closed door for a moment before taking a breath.

"Goodbye, L/N."

~*~
Some slight fluff. Not that much, I apologize. :')

Have a wonderful day!