Kamado Tanjiro | The Bet

~*~You lay on your backside on one of the beds, letting your head droop on the edge of the bed in boredom

~*~
You lay on your backside on one of the beds, letting your head droop on the edge of the bed in boredom. You take a glance at Tanjiro, exhaling.

“Tanjiro, I'm bored..” You slightly complain with a huff, laying on your stomach for the blood to exit your head and rush down to the rest of your body.

Tanjiro turned his head over to your direction. “I'm sorry.. want to do something?” Tanjiro suggested, with small head tilt. You lift your head up from the sheets of the bed, eagerly nodding your head.

“Oh, wait. How about a bet?” You blink at Tanjiro, your whole body practically off the bed. Tanjiro hesitated a bit. He had heard and learned what a bet was, but never placed one before. “Hmm how about... the loser has to do whatever the winner says?” You question once more as Tanjiro gave a slow nod to his head.

“Okaaaay! What game?” You sit up on the bed, only for your to lay on your backside again. Tanjiro covered his yawn in the process of thinking. “Sorry, but, just to be extra clear, what's a bet?” Tanjiro dipped his head a bit, muttering. You paused, sighing a bit. You quickly tell him about placing bets and more. You also get to the point where a game was selected.

During the game, you seem to lose. A grumble exited your mouth as you spoke up. “That's only one! Play again!” You sat up with good posture, Tanjiro doing as you said. Again, you lost again, the same after that. You slightly scratch the ground, dipping your head down in embarrassment.

Tanjiro sat next to you, patting you on the back with a smile. “Don't worry! It's just a game. Plus, nothing life threatening!” Tanjiro said, giving you comfort. Tanjiro was a bit loose and sleepy at the time, meaning he wasn't aware of what actions he was doing or saying. But, surprisingly, he's doing well.

“Thanks Tanjiro..” You mutter, lifting your head up. “So, what is your first command?” You inhale sharply after your question, preparing yourself. Tanjiro paused, looking a bit shocked. “Wait.. command?” Tanjiro questioned.

“Yeah.. you won, soo..” You take a quick glance around the room, then at Tanjiro. “Oh, but..” Tanjiro caught his yawn, continuing his words. “It seems wrong for me to treat you around like this... you're your own person and—”

You gently close Tanjiro's jaw, making him not speak. You gave a faint smile towards him. “Look, I appreciate you caring about me, but c'mon. It's a bet, have fun. Go all out.” You said, giving Tanjiro an eager nod.

“...Alright.” Tanjiro forced his body to stay awake as he shuffled to the bed to rest half of his body. You sit beside him, waiting for a request from him. Tanjiro's so kind... He won the bet, but refused to go for the advantage at first. You thought with a smile appearing on your face.

Tanjiro caught himself in a slight dozing as he exhaled, taking a glance at you. You quickly stop your daydreaming, noticing Tanjiro looking like he was staring dead at you. You slightly froze. “Um, Tanjiro? You look a bit pale.” You slowly point to his face concerningly, blinking a few times.

“Oh, I do?” Tanjiro's body shook a bit as he pulled the covers up to his chin with a wavery sigh under his breath. “I hate to ask but.. could you please bring me some warm tea, Y/N?” Tanjiro questioned, even though it didn't feel like a command, due to his kind personality. You gave a nod before leaving the room.

You slide open the door with warm tea in your hand. You place it down on the small, short table next to him. “Thank you.” Tanjiro gave a smile, reaching for his cup. You smiled back, looking at the room for a moment, before spacing out once again.

Probably a few minutes went by as you felt a force on your chest, you snapped out of your dozing to find Tanjiro in your face, gently pushing your chest a bit, causing you to lay down. “Tanjiro.” You mutter under your breath, your body slightly shaking due to his action.

Tanjiro leaned his body slightly forwards for small kisses on your the sides of your face, repeatedly. You start to hold your breath as your body warms up a bit. You eventually exhale, pulling Tanjiro's chin up a bit. “Tanjiro...” You say his name again, this time with a nervous chuckle.

Tanjiro blinked, tilting his head. “Are you okay? You're face is a bit red..” Tanjiro questioned. You open your mouth, deciding to close it. Tanjiro suddenly leaned forwards against your body, unresponsive. You shook him a bit, noticing he was fast asleep. “What a weird day.” You mutter under your breath, giving him a tight hug.

~*~

The next day rolled around as you run across Tanjiro again.

“Oh, hey Y/N!” Tanjiro gave a friendly wave towards you. You waved back with a small smile.

“Hey, Tanjiro... do you remember what happened yesterday?” You questioned as Tanjiro paused, looking at the floor for a moment. He looked up, shaking his head 'no' for an answer.

“What? What happened? Did something go wrong yesterday?” Tanjiro questioned in a panic. You let out a giggle. “Don't worry. Good thing you forgot...” You muttered the last few words, giving Tanjiro a small hug before traning.

“Alright! Nice meeting you!” You let go of his torso, walking away. You wave to him goodbye as he repeats your action.

“Be safe, Y/N!”

~*~
It'll actually be a bit terrifying if Tanjiro went out of character to me, even for one second.

Have an amazing day!