Kanroji Mitsuri | Strong Love

Warning! Slight Spoilers :')

~*~
It was the best miracle and relief that anyone came out of the Infinity Castle. It didn't mean that they were perfectly fine, everyone was injured in some sort of way.

Most of the pillars were with you meaning your lover, Mitsuri was by your side with Obanai. You wanted to collapse right on the ground and close your eyes for this day to be over, but you forced your body to move forward.

The Butterfly Mansion was a long walk. But, everyone had to do it. You decide to do a head count, stumbling over to count.

To your left, you saw Sanemi carrying an injured Genya on his back. Muichiro was by Genya's side as well. Muichiro was probably the one that got messed up pretty bad since he had one arm missing and a sword stuck in the left side of his chest.

To your right were Tanjiro and his group of friends. They comforted each other as they waited for your directions.

You feel a lump in your throat, noticing Mitsuri was missing. You took a sharp inhale, stumbling around to find her.

Please don't tell me she's dead... You held your breath, looking around in panic.

"Y/N!" A voice called your name. You look in the direction the voice was heard in. "Y/N! Over here!" Obanai called out your name. You squint, noticing he found something. You hurry over to his side.

"I found her." Obanai set her down on the ground gently. You took a breath of relief, clenching your chest. "Thank goodness..." You lifted your head up at the sky, muttering under your breath.

You quickly check her pulse and breathing. "She's alright." You looked at Obanai before struggling to pick her up. You catch the slight whine that almost escapes your mouth as your foot cracked.

"Obanai... could you help carry her? My foot's broken, I can't possibly carry her.." You ask for Obanai's assistance.

Obanai gave a quick nod. "I won't hesitate." You gave a smile to Obanai. "Thank you." You rose to your feet, checking on the others.

Everything was alright and ready to leave that horrible area. Some slayers had to carry others on their backs due to their condition.

The Sun was almost seen after everyone made it back to the Butterfly Mansion. Most of the butterfly helpers stood there for a second with their jaws open in shock, noticing how many people were injured.

"Oh! We'll get started right away!" Aoi stammered, quickly entering the mansion to get started. The others followed.

"Set her down here, please." You guided Obanai towards the white bed. He'd set her down, rubbing his arms a little from them being sore. "Thank you Obanai." You gave a little tilt to your head with a smile. Obanai nodded, sitting on one of the beds while he eyed Mitsuri.

He was worried about her too. You were both paranoid about her health. Would she survive to see daylight? You carefully sat on the bed, pulling the covers up to your chest. You'd tense in pain as every little thing touched your broken foot.

You guys weren't the only ones in the room. It was pretty crowded. You didn't mind though since you had somewhere to rest your body.

Days went by and Mitsuri was still unresponsive. Your stomach turned and your heart ached every second Mitsuri didn't answer your questions.

Dusk fell as you closed your eyes, taking one more look at Mitsuri before resting your eyes.

You looked at the ceiling. It was very difficult to fall asleep for you. Your mind was still awake and active.

In the corner of your eye you saw movement. You quickly turned your head to realize Mitsuri opened his eyes, looking around the room in confusion.

"Mitsuri?!" You turned your body instantly as you shouted her name. You caught half of your voice, noticing there were other people in this mansion.

"Ouch.. everything hurtsss.." Mitsuri muttered under her breath before turning towards you. "Oh..! Hi Y/N." She'd give a smile.

You both noticed that tears were pouring from your eyes, making her concerned. "Y/N? Are you okay?" She'd slightly tilted her head.

You quickly wiped your tears from your eyes. "Yeah it's just...happy tears." You'd sniff, letting out a small laugh under your breath.

"Mitsuri, it's been days. You haven't been responding to any of us. I'm so glad you're alright." You took small gasps for air as you continued your sobbing.

"O..oh, really??" Mitsuri's eyes widened as she put her hands over her mouth. "Oh no! I'm sorry!"

"Why are you apologizing? There's nothing to feel guilty about, you couldn't control it." You shook your head, letting out small coughs.

You silently and gently rose to your feet, giving Mitsuri a small hug due to both of your injuries. "I love you." You rested your head on her pink and green hair for a moment.

Mitsuri was seen with a pink blush on her face as she gave a big smile. "Aww!" She'd almost let out a squeal, hugging you tighter than you.

I keep forgetting she's stronger than normal. And with injuries, she's still strong? She'd let you go, noticing your injuries. You put your finger on his lips as she was about to apologize. "Don't worry." You'd smile.

You gave her a small peck on the forehead before sitting down once again. You both tried to calm yourself down, sharing this silent love between you two.

Eventually, the news was spread that Mitsuri was in motion again. Some cried, some let out a huge exhale of relief, or nothing happened. Months later and lots of slayers were back on their feet again. You wore a flexible cast around your foot and ankle so you could keep going on missions.

It was a miracle that everyone survived.

All thanks to you.

~*~
Mochi :D

Have a great day!