Kamado Tanjiro | Embarrassing...

~*~You invited Tanjiro over to hang out at your house

~*~
You invited Tanjiro over to hang out at your house. He politely set his shoes down in the right place, taking his bag off and hanging it on the rack.

You're a great friend of Tanjiro's meaning you don't really have to be so awkward around him all the time. Though, the first few minutes were indeed... awkward.

Tanjiro fidgeted with his hands, still having that same smile on his face the moment he stepped foot in your house. You cleared your throat, grabbing your remote to your TV. “Wanna watch a movie?” You ask Tanjiro as gave a nod. “Of course!”

“You can pick the movie.” You hand the remote to Tanjiro as he respectfully declined the offer. “No thanks! I insist, you can pick the movie.” Tanjiro gave a smile with a tilt to the head.

You blink at the remote, then at Tanjiro's kindness. “Why would I give you the remote if I want to pick?” You question with a small chuckle, Tanjiro nodding to himself. “Right.” He muttered, a bit embarrassed. You pat him on the shoulder with a bright smile. “Don't worry about it! I'll be back with snacks.” You exit your room.

Tanjiro deicides to get a bit used to your room, since this is his first time in so long. Things have changed around your house, mostly furniture. Tanjiro let his legs dangle from your bed, big enough to fit two or three people in.

Humming a small tune under his breath, he scrolls through the movies, reading each description. It definitely took forever for him to at least scroll through 20 movies. You enter the room again with plenty of snacks overflowing on top of each other in your hands and arms.

Tanjiro stared at the items you've brought in for a moment. “That's a lot..!” Tanjiro blinked, looking up at you. You gave a nod. “Yeah, so you won't have to get up during the movie!” You organize the foods and drinks separately. “What about the bathroom?” Tanjiro questioned with a small grin.

“Well, minus that.” You mutter as Tanjiro quietly chuckles to himself. As Tanjiro scrolled through the movies one by one, something caught his eye other than the movies. There was a piece of a book's end stick out from the bottom of your bed. Looked like some pieces of paper were about to fall out too.

“Hey, Y/N? Just being curious, what's this?” Tanjiro picked up the book, it felt a bit leathery. It wasn't dusty at all, looked like it was just placed there, or it meant was to be hidden. “What's what?” You look behind your shoulder, you eyes widened a bit as you turn your whole body around. You set the cup of pop down. “No, no, no. Please, don't touch that.” You shake your head.

Tanjiro, being a bit disobedient, hesitated to set it down right away. Curiosity filled him as he tilted his head, pulling up the flap of the book. You quickly snatch the book out of Tanjiro's hands as a few loose papers fly out and scatter the ground.

Tanjiro's first reflex was to look and grab the papers which did show little version of you. “Aww! Look, Y/N!” Tanjiro put the paper up to your face as you shrinked in embarrassment. “When was this? You look adorable!” Tanjiro's smile got wider as he stared at the picture in awe.

You hid your face in the bed covers, slouching down as your knees hit the ground with a faint thud. You were covered in a red blush color, due to embarrassment. “Uggg..” You let out a overdramatic sigh, rubbing your face to calm down. “So embarrassing..” You muttered, Tanjiro catching the words you spoken.

“Oh...” Tanjiro paused, looking behind himself. “I'm sorry! I didn't mean for you to feel embarrassed..” Tanjiro dipped his head, along with his body as it turned into an apologetic bow. You lifted your head, getting the strength to lift your whole body as you shake your head. “Please, don't worry it's fine.. I just don't like them that much.” You exhale. “I was going to throw them out.” You mutter under your breath.

“Throw them out?” Tanjiro lifted his head, showing you a confused expression on his face. “But, why? I mean.. maybe you dislike them, but I find them very cute!” Tanjiro gave a nod, putting the pictures back into the book. Tanjiro read on the top of the book that showed the words; 'Preschool Year Book.' Tanjiro paused. “That was preschool?” He blinked as he said to himself, a bit amazed.

You didn't reply, only with a sigh to change the subject. “Did you pick a movie yet?” You asked Tanjiro as he gave a shake to his head in a 'no' motion. “Alright.” You quickly search through movies you both haven't watched, in the meantime you two sit next to each other.

“Have you watched this?” You land on a movie you haven't watched or never seen before. “Nope!” Tanjiro replied as you gave a nod, turning your lights off. “Okay then.” You turn up the volume, offering some snacks to Tanjiro which he gladly accepted.

~*~
I'd definitely be embarrassed as well if I was in the same situation.

Have an amazing day!