Tomioka Giyuu | Changed

~*~ Past ~*~

You woke up on a soft and comfortable bed after Final Selection with Giyuu and Sabito.

You heard the sobs of pain and terror beside you. You turn your head to find Giyuu. Unfortunately, you've never gotten the news about Sabito not making it.

You immediately sit beside Giyuu, wrapping one of your hands around his back, trying to comfort him. “What's wrong? Where's Sabito?” You'd ask in a low and soft tone.

Giyuu looked at your face before bursting out into more tears again. He'd whimper, taking sharp breaths for air as he cried out apology after apology.

“Sabito..” Giyuu muttered under his breath, dipping his head at the ground with his hands clenched. “Sabito's gone..” He'd wipe his wet eyes with his hands with a sniffle.

“No, wait.. that can't be true.” You felt your chest ache a little, denying the truth. Giyuu stuffed his face in his hands as tears fell through.

“Please, tell me that's not true..” You shook your head, catching your tears. You forced your voice not to waver.

“It... it is.” Giyuu eventually ran out of tears to spill. He'd cough, wiping his eyes once more. “It's my fault. If I wasn't so weak, Sabito would've been here... With us.” Giyuu put the blame on him. You quickly shook your head in disagreement.

“No, Giyuu. Please don't say that.” You paused, noticing tears were running down your face. “You're not weak. And you know that.” You hug part of his body, calming him and yourself down a little.

The walk back to Urokodaki's house was even more of a complaint. Your feet were aching, stumbling and limping back to the house with silent but small sobs under both of your breaths.

~*~ Present ~*~

You haven't seen Giyuu since after that dreaded day. Years went by as you slowly began to lose slight memories of him.

You're a Demon Slayer now. A patient one. You heard the news about Giyuu becoming a Hashira years ago. That was about it though.

Fall has fallen throughout the days and weeks, making it a bit more chillier. You decide to enjoy the last few calm breezes of this fall weather before snow falls.

You walk around a nearby forest, the crunchy leaves making a satisfying and loud crunch under your feet. Your sword gently slaps against your waist as you walked.

You paused, noticing a person was in the forest as well. You clear your throat quietly, approaching them. You stopped again. That haircut looks familiar. You thought, holding on one of the tree bark.

The crunchy leaves under your feet catch the person's attention. They'd looking over their shoulder, slightly touching the tip of their sword.

You eventually show yourself peeking your head out from the tree. You gave a slight smile, tilting your head at them. “Sorry for spying on you, I thought you looked familia—” You cut yourself off, noticing the appearance of the person.

Giyuu. Giyuu Tomioka. It was him. Your eyes widen in relief, you'd touch your chest with a blink. “Giyuu?” You'd pause. “Giyuu Tomioka?” You'd ask in a questionable tone.

“Who are you..” Giyuu responded with a blank expression. He turned around completely so he wouldn't practically break his neck, looking at you.

“It's me! Y/N! We went to um... Final Selection together, remember?” You quickly answered with a bigger smile. You leave the Sabito incident out of this. That'll only make things worse.

“Y/N..” Giyuu muttered under his breath, slowly noticing your appearance.

You sit beside him. “So, I heard you've became a Pillar. Congrats!” You nudged him on the shoulder gently.

Giyuu eyed you with a small nod. “Thanks.”

You quickly notice something about him. His personality. It's gone...bland. He wasn't his self anymore. The person you knew and loved. The light in his eyes has disappeared as well. You gave a slight frown. “Giyuu.. what happened to you?”

Giyuu kept his eyes locked on the ground with no answer. You looked at him with concern, opening your mouth again. “Where did your smile go?” You questioned with a blink. Giyuu let out a small sigh.

“Is it... because of Sabito still..?” You lowered your voice. Giyuu shook his head quickly in a 'no' gesture, though he was slightly lying.

“Okay..” You lean beside him, hugging part of his body, closing your eyes. “I'm glad I got to meet you again.” You muttered with a smile.

Giyuu looked down at his hands, eyeing you for a couple of seconds. He'd close his eyes eventually you both drifting off to sleep.

~*~
Giyuu had it rough back then. He still does.

Have a wonderful day!