Kanroji Mitsuri | Heart Ache

~*~Mitsuri peeked her head from around the corner of the room to the butterfly mansion, spotting you talking with the flame pillar

~*~
Mitsuri peeked her head from around the corner of the room to the butterfly mansion, spotting you talking with the flame pillar.

Mitsuri looked down disappointedly, grasping her chest a bit as she quickly walked off. This feeling.. I can't shake it off easily. I want to get rid of it but I can't.. Mitsuri clenched her eyes shut with a big sigh, entering the butterfly garden.

There, she saw the insect pillar, Shinobu relaxing by the porch side with a cup of warm tea in her hand. Mitsuri slowly approached her, taking an inhale. Shinobu noticed her shadow and looked up. She took a sip of her tea before speaking. “Hello, Mitsuri.” Shinobu gave a smile.

“Hi.. Shinobu.” Mitsuri muttered, giving a faint smile before it quickly dropped. Shinobu noticed her expression as she sighed, blinking at her. “Is everything alright?” The insect pillar questioned. Mitsuri sat beside Shinobu, eyeing the ground. “Well um..” Mitsuri paused.

“This feeling I can't shake off.. I don't know what it is.” Mitsuri dipped her head as Shinobu slanted her eyes a bit, growing a bit more serious. “Explain if you can.” She replied in a calm manner.

“It hurts a little.. like an ache in my heart.” Mitsuri rubbed her face, pouting a bit. Shinobu rested her hand on Mitsuri's arm, comforting her for a while. “And you say it's a feeling..? When did it occur?” Shinobu lowered her voice, Mitsuri didn't reply right away.

“Um..” Mitsuri spoke. “It mostly occurs when I see L/N with another person..” Mitsuri softened her voice as Shinobu set down her tea, nodding her head a bit. “I see.” The insect pillar replied, pausing. “That feeling is called jealousy, Mitsuri.” Shinobu blinked as a small gasp escaped from Mitsuri's mouth.

“J...jealousy? Are you sure?” Mitsuri's eyes widened a bit as she fidgeted with the end tips of her braids. Shinobu gave another nod, tapping the cup beside her. “Perhaps you could talk to L/N?” Shinobu suggested, waving one of her fingers in the air in a circular motion. Mitsuri dipped her head, rising to her feet. “I will.. thank you.” Mitsuri gave a soft smile as Shinobu gave one back.

Mitsuri dragged her body inside the mansion as she approached the room, standing beside it for a moment. She took a couple of deep breaths, putting one of her hands on her chest. Her hand shook a bit as her heart threatened to pound. Mitsuri put her hands behind her back, taking a step in the room.

It was a different person this time other than the flame pillar. It was Tanjiro you were talking to. You stopped your mouth from running, as you saw Tanjiro look up. You look over your shoulder, spotting the love pillar frozen in place. “H..” Mitsuri opened her mouth, that was only sound that came out. “Hello Kanroji.” You give a soft smile to her, Tanjiro peeking his head out. “Hi, Miss Kanroji!”

Mitsuri's body shook, visible to see up close. You blink at her concerningly. “Are you okay?” You question, Mitsuri giving a slow nod, taking sharp breaths as she stepped forward a bit. Tanjiro stood there for a moment, rising to his feet. “I'll excuse myself.” Tanjiro gave a small bow, exiting the room, which helped Mitsuri at least talk again.

You gave a small wave goodbye to Tanjiro before turning your full attention towards the love pillar. “You... don't really look alright..” You pause as Mitsuri trembles in the process. “I'm fine! Really.” Mitsuri choked on her words, biting her lip nervously. You narrow your eyes. “Kanroji..” You look at her up and down with a frown.

Mitsuri dipped her head. “I'm sorry for being like this..” She muttered, wiping her face with her hands. You looked at her confusingly, letting her speak again. “It's just.. every time I see you with someone else, I feel this ache feeling that takes forever to go away..” Mitsuri caught her emotions, clenching her chest once more, a bit tighter than before.

You pause. “What do you mean..” You lower your voice. “I.. honestly.” Mitsuri paused, lifting her head. “This feeling is called jealousy apparently..” Mitsuri felt a tremble of guilt tap her body. “I'm sorry.. I didn't tell you sooner I.. I don't know what to do I—” You cut off Mitsuri's rambling, giving her a tight hug.

“Please, stop apologizing. It's not your fault. But.. why didn't you tell me?” You questioned. Mitsuri sniffled a bit. “I was scared to.. I thought you were going to be angry at me..” Mitsuri inhaled, tears slowly running down her face. You shake your head, letting go of her torso. “No, no.. I would never.” You gently grab her hands, putting them up to your chest. “Why would do think that?” You wipe some of her tears that ran down her face with your hand.

Mitsuri didn't reply, only that jealousy feeling leaving her for good. She relaxed her body in your arms as you two continue to hug each other. Her sobbing turned into relieved and happy cries.

~*~
Honestly, I wanna hug her.
Yes, a fictional character.

Have a great day!