Shinazugawa Genya | Obsession

You couldn't use a sword. No matter how hard you tried, it never changed its color. There was another option, you could get a Nichirin Gun. You gladly accepted that offer and moved on.

You didn't like people talking to you for a long time. You would either ignore or tell the person to shut their yap.

You'd take a big inhale, walking past the wisteria trees, entering Final Selection. Your gun is on the right side of your waist while your sword is on the other, just in case.

You glanced around the area. It was a crowded place which was a pain. The people you caught your eye at first glance were a young guy with hanafuda earrings, another guy with yellow and orange hair, a female with a butterfly pin in her hair, and a slightly taller guy with a scar across his nose with a odd hairstyle.

Though you don't like talking to people, you do have empathy. Being a Demon Slayer is all about putting your life on the line to save people you don't even know.

You'd exhale through your teeth. Too many people here... You'd think annoyedly.

The two guides eventually explained the rules. 7 days? A whole week? It'll be a miracle if I survive. You'd clench your hands eyeing your gun and sword. When the guides were finished speaking, you left the wisteria forest in a heartbeat.

A demon approached you slowly, eventually picking up the pace in its running. You'd quickly load your nichirin gun, shooting the demon in its face, making a loud 'boom' sound. You'd let out an exhale, loading your gun once again before walking off.

You heard someone behind you. You turned around, aiming the gun at the figure, almost pulling the trigger before noticing it was a human. It was the much taller guy you've seen earlier. Up close, he looks more intimidating.

"Hi?" You'd blink confusingly. You quickly regret saying anything which would lead to a conversation.

"You're using it wrong." He'd state. You step back from him, shrugging confusingly. "Huh? What is 'it'?" You respond.

"The gun. You're using it wrong." He'd speak once again. You squint your eyes at him. "So? What are you, the gun master or something?" You huff.

"Maybe I am." The male nodded, grabbing your gun. You tempt to swat his hand. "Stop touching my stuff you little b-" You cut yourself off as he loads your gun the correct way, handing it back.

"You're welcome." He'd sigh, walking off. You'd growl under your breath, walking the opposite way as a slight pink color spreads on your face.

You were still a little new to know how your nichirin gun works and how to aim and shoot correctly. Surprisingly, you never had a mentor, so this made it extra difficult for you.

Days went by as it felt like decades for you. You were a bit injured, but not that much. You limp towards a purplish tree that seems like wisteria. You exhaled. I made it. That thought echoed in your head as you slowly walked forward.

Not a lot of people anymore. You'd glance around the area once again, noticing the guy with the hanafuda earrings and the purple vested boy were making a scene. You'd blink confusingly.

Though, you never wanted to be involved in something, you decide to stop this scene at once. You walk up to both of the males. The younger guy has his hand on the other male's arm. You both give them a glare, taking the younger male's hand off of him, pushing the purple vest guy off to the side.

"Next time you grab my stuff, I'll gladly break your arm. Both of them." You'd mutter at the taller male with a squint. He didn't respond, not even a glance at you. You notice a bit of red on his nose. You scoffed, walking away.

Those words you spoke to him made your heart throb. You didn't mean to say them, though it was your first instinct to intimidate him.

~*~ Time Skip ~*~

Years went by as that day of Final Selection kept flooding your mind with regret.

You set your sword down, sitting on the front porch of the Butterfly Garden. You hear footsteps approaching your way. You groan, hoping they wouldn't talk to you.

When you get to see the figure you pause. It was a male for sure, the same hairstyle and scar placement. You narrow your eyes at him. "You. You look familiar." You make contact with him for awhile, before you both look at the ground with a slight blush.

"You do too." He'd mutter, pausing. "Weren't you from Final Selection years ago? That's my guess.." He'd tilt his head slightly to the left. You'd give a quick nod.

"Oh." He'd smile. "Well, I never got to introduce myself. I'm Genya. Genya Shinazugawa." Genya put his hand up to his chest. You blink. "Oh, I'm Y/N. Y/N L/N."

"Nice to meet you." Genya smiled, sitting next to you. A bit odd. He hasn't been this friendly and lively when I met him. You stand still, looking at him up and down.

"Same." You mutter, clenching your hands. Ever since Final Selection, you have been acting weird around him. You weren't the only one, though.

You glance at Genya which he was wobbling side to side a little with a visible blush on his face.

It was obvious. He loved you. He was obsessed. But, this early? You didn't think about it that much. You did love him as well, though you kept it well hidden. Will he confess or will I have to..? You keep the thought close to you, until you find out the answer.

"Y/N, I know we haven't seen each other in like..years but, uhm.." Genya paused, inhaling as he lifted his head. You turned your head towards him, forcing yourself to make eye contact.

It took a moment for Genya to find and say the right words that would come out of his mouth. You exhaled. "You love me, don't you?" You gave a slight smirk towards Genya. He'd flinch at your sudden question.

"Well, um.. I... hmm.. umm.." Genya stammered as his face turned to a light red, looking down at his feet with his shoulders up high. You'd pat him on the back. "It's good. Don't worry." You nodded with a smile.

Genya exhaled. "I do. I love you very much." "I wouldn't have guessed." You slightly teased, bumping him on the shoulder. "Genya, I do feel the same as well, just don't be so weird next time." You'd rise to your feet, giving him a peck on the forehead.

"Mmmkay.." Genya nodded, calming himself down. You sit back down, scooting closer towards him. You'd rest your head on his arm. "Now, don't you move." You muttered as Genya nodded. "Nah, I'm playing. Say no for once, Gen." You flick his hand.

He'd move his hand, flinching a bit. "Sorry, it's a habit.." Genya muttered. "Don't apologize." You respond quickly.

"Right, sorry." Genya sighed. You lift your head, blinking. You'd nudge his arm with force. "I said stop apologizing." You'd shake your head with a smile.

"Alright." Genya nodded. You both look ahead at the Sun slowly melting under the sunset as you both eventually drift off to sleep.

~*~
PLS, GENYA IS SO ADORABLE-

Have an amazing day!