Haganezuka Hotaru | Hidden Feelings Part 2

Requested by OsumaKuroi, Thank you!

~*~
A year goes by as you slowly forget about your lover. You have an assigned mission. You were not strong, but not weak either.

You inhale sharply, grasping your handle of your sword, walking out of the Butterfly Garden.

Hours go by with your misson of fighting demons. The last bit of demons fall and slowly crumble to the ground in defeat. You repeat this action due to exhaustion. You notice your sword split in two again as blood dripped from your skin. You'd tense in pain.

You eventually slowly make your back to the mansion. You fall to the ground, resting your body, letting out small gasps for air. Kanao spotted you laying down on the floor, horribly injured.

"Y/N?!" She'd gasp, rushing over to you for support. Your hearing went in and out, hearing part of her words in a panic. You eventually rest your eyes, passing out due to blood loss.

~*~

"Will they be alright?"

"Hope so."

"Wait, look..!"

You regain consciousness as the bright lights enter your eyes. You squint at the people around you in confusion.

Kanao and the other butterfly members were around you in case of helping. Your body is sore all over. "What happened..?" You mutter under your breath, finding it hard to talk.

"You blacked out. You weren't doing so well when we saw you." Aoi explained, exhaling.

"It was really scary!" One of the little butterfly girls cried out, shaking their head side to side.

"Glad you're alright, though." Shinobu smiled, stepping back to give some space. The others repeated the action.

Eventually, the door is slammed open, catching everyone in the room off guard. Your eyes widen as you realize the familiar mask of the person.

"Haganezuka?" You force your body to sit up more, blinking.

Haganezuka stood in the middle of the doorway, catching his breath. He'd walk over to you when he got the chance.

"It's been... awhile." You smile, coughing a little. Haganezuka nodded, looking at your appearance. He'd exhale.

"Could you guys give us a moment?" Haganezuka looked at the butterfly assistants.

"Of course..! Just be careful." Shinobu nodded as all of the assistants exited the room quickly.

The room was quiet. Only you and Haganezuka. You wait for him to speak, looking at his mask.

"Y/N, I want to apologize for what I said back then." He'd pause. "I was wrong and mistakened." Haganezuka looked down at the floor.

"No, no, don't worry!" You'd smile, shaking your head side to side.

Haganezuka didn't answer. You could hear slight inhales coming from him. You blink. Is he... crying? You thought with a frown. You tap him on the shoulder.

"Please, don't cry. It's not your fault at all." You comfort him with a small pat on the shoulder.

"I really do love you, Y/N. I just didn't know how to reply back then.." Haganezuka lowered his voice.

Your eyes widen as a smile appears on your face, followed by a visible blush.
"Aww.." You'd put your hands up to your mouth.

You'd try your best to move to hug Haganezuka, eventually you hugged him he didn't hesitate to hug back.

A few weeks later you started to get back to normal. Your sword was forged again later on, meaning you could return to your missions safely. You spent your free time with Haganezuka, eventually leading on to a happy life for both of you.

~*~
Hope you enjoyed! My hands are pretty much on fire now. :')

Have a great day!