Uzui Tengen | New Years

This idea randomly entered my mind when I was about to fall asleep.

Psst! Thank you for the 2K reads! ♥️

~*~
"Tengen, is this necessary..?" You slightly complain, growing impatient.

"Oh, of course it is. Trust me." Tengen grinned, putting a blindfold around your eyes. He'd grab your hand, walking you outside.

You're invited by the loud sound of all types of noises everywhere. You're tempted to take off the blindfold since you feel threatened. Though, Tengen removes it.

You both stand there watching the fireworks rise and explode in the night sky.

Though it was cold outside, that didn't bother both of you.

Tengen bumped you on the side. "Now, don't fall asleep. We gotta wait till New Year's." Tengen smiled.

"I'll try." You sighed with a small chuckle, bumping him back.

Eventually, the firework show began to slowly end. You walk back in the mansion, Tengen following.

"How much more time is left..?" You mutter, looking at Tengen. You force your body to stay strong.

"Two hours left. You can do it." Tengen nodded, clapping his hands in front of your face. Must have been his way of trying to startle or wake you up.

"Two hours?" You complain, leaning against Tengen for some support. He'd pat your back. "Hang in there."

You both decide to stay active to spend time and for you to stay awake. Honestly, Tengen was pretty tired too though, he didn't let that show.

You both quickly go outside again, grabbing covers this time to stay warm.
"10 second mark. This is going to be flashy..." Tengen smirked, bumping your shoulder. You swat his hand with a smile. "10 more seconds before I can fall asleep.." You mutter.

You both begin to count down from 10 all the way to 1. Tengen shook you by the shoulders, waking you up a little. Fireworks began to appear again. You look at him with slight fear and confusion.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y/N!" Tengen cheered, rocking you back and forth. You exhale. "Happy New Year, Tengen." You smile, relaxing your body in Tengen's hands.

"C'mon, gotta do better than that. Yell it! Make sure the world knows!" Tengen tapped your chest with a smile. You open one eye, putting your finger on his lips, shushing him.

"Let me sleeeep..." You grab his uniform, stuffing your face into it. Tengen nodded with a shrug. "Alright. Night!" Tengen whispered, lifting his head up at the sky to see a better view of the fireworks.

~*~
It's the flashiest time of the year, folks.

Have a great day!