Rengoku Kyojuro | Survived

After Rengoku went on his mission to the Mugen Train, you decide to help Senjuro, Rengoku's younger brother around his estate.

The thought always haunted both of you if Rengoku was never going to make it back. You tried your best to shake that feeling off, and to comfort Senjuro.

You sweep the small patches of dust and dirt off the porch with a broom that you're borrowing. You caught your sneeze, backing away from the area. You'd sit down on the ground, eyeing Senjuro.

"Wanna take a break?" You'd ask Senjuro as he looked over his shoulder. He'd softly shake his head side to side. "I'm alright... thanks." He'd give a small smile.

You'd nod, looking up at the sky, letting your thoughts get to you. You closed your eyes, dipping your head to the ground, hoping your body wouldn't get emotional.

It's been weeks since Rengoku went on his latest mission. He's a nice guy, practically loved by everyone. It'll be soul-crushing to find out he didn't make it.

Let him survive. Let. Him. Survive. You continued to repeat those words in your head. You'd ball up your hands, clenching them into fists, taking deep breaths.

"Caaw!" Both you and Senjuro heard the sound of a Kasugai crow. They were probably sent in by the master. You rose to your feet as Senjuro followed, grasping the wooden handle of the broom.

You peeked your head outside the entrance. Senjuro did the following. "Over here! Over here! Treat Kyojuro's wooounds! Caaaw!!" The crow kept giving the orders the the low-ranked slayers and the Kakushi.

"Wait, does that mean.." Senjuro blinked as he turned his head at you. It felt like all of your energy escaped from your body in a heartbeat. You fell to the ground, holding your chest in relief.

"Senjuro.. Rengoku's alive. He did it..!" You'd talk over your heavy breathing, tears filling both of your eyes at the moment. You lifted your head up at the sky again, letting the tears run down the sides of your face.

You'd quickly get up. "C'mon, let's go peek." You'd gently grab Senjuro's arm running ahead. "Ah! Wait!" Senjuro said under his breath, feeling the tug on his arm.

Rengoku could still walk, but not well, but he could speak up for himself. But, on the other hand, his arm and leg are slightly fractured.

You both caught a glimpse of Rengoku walking inside the mansion to get treated. You'd peel through the window, trying to find any trace of Rengoku anywhere.

"Um, Y/N..." Senjuro caught your attention. "We should wait. I know your really concerned about him, but let's let him rest." Senjuro suggested in a calm manner. You'd slowly nod, exhaling. "Alright."

A day later and visitors could visit Rengoku and see his condition. You and Senjuro were probably the first one to check on him. Tanjiro and his friends came in seconds later, along with others.

"Rengoku!" You'd burst through the door, already tears in your eyes. Senjuro covered his mouth with his hands, looking at Rengoku's appearance.

You'd hug him softly than normal due to his wounds. "Hello, Y/N..!" Rengoku hugged you back with the arm he could move with. Though he looked different, his smile wasn't wiped away nor his personality.

"What happened?" You'd ask, sitting beside him. Rengoku let out small coughs before speaking again. "Just a strong demon. That's all!" He'd smile.

"Wow, you took it like a champ!" You'd compliment him. Rengoku's gaze went to Senjuro. He was sitting on a white bed, looking at both of you from afar. Rengoku hand signaled him to come over to where you both were at.

The room filled up pretty quickly, around Rengoku at least. You and Senjuro step out the room, waiting for the amount of people to leave. "Thank goodness he survived.." You'd mutter under your breath, leaning against the wall of the mansion.

"Yeah.." Senjuro let out a slight giggle, his head and eyes locked onto the floor. Looked like he was in thought again. You decide not to bother him as you look through the small crack through the door.

Starting to get drowsy, you lean your back against the wall, slowly dropping your body until it reached the floor. Your eyes began to grown heavy as you finally rest your body.

Rengoku was able to walk, though might not recover from any battles in the future, so he'd retire. He'd live on a normal peaceful life with his close friends and family.

He survived.

And that's what matters.

~*~
Oh boy, I did this chapter halfway asleep, so apologies for grammar mistakes..!

Have a wonderful day!