Iguro Obanai | Adoption

You and Obanai are close friends, some even say more than friends. You tend to get flustered easily, meaning you're more energetic around him than normal.
It's flat out obvious, you love him, and he knows.

"Obanai..!" You raise your voice higher, lifting up head up to spot Obanai in the tree like normal. You block the Sun from getting into your eyes with one of your hands.

Obanai poked his head out from the tree. You lean against the tree, entering the shade as your body cools down instantly.

"I have a question..." You lower your voice, signaling Obanai to climb down the tree. He did as you told, blinking at you with confusion.

You look at his two colored toned eyes.
"Could we adopt a animal?" You ask, as he's immediate response was to freeze up. "Oh, uh.." Obanai tapped his foot against the ground, hesitating.

"Y'know Y/N, taking care of an animal is hard work. And plus, we already have one." Obanai shrugged, letting his snake, Kaburamaru rest on his hand.

"...Okay." You pause, looking at Kaburamaru and Obanai. "Let me know if you change your mind..!" A slight pink color forms on your face as you walk away.

"IF!" Obanai said, making sure you heard that.

You're still getting to know Mitsuri. First impressions were pretty good. She's a nice and caring girl to everyone, though, she reveals too much skin. You're not the type of person who would get jealous if anyone got in the way of you and Obanai, though.

Days go by and you keep walking up to Obanai, asking him the same topic;
"Can we adopt an animal?"
"Did you think about it now?"
"So, can we??"

"Obanai! Can-"

"Y/N, PLEASE." Obanai rubbed his head, his tone of voice changed in the process.
You flinch at his sudden outburst, fidgeting with your hands behind your back nervously.

"Sorry." You mumble, looking down at your feet. Obanai gently lifts your chin up, smiling as a soft blush spreads on both of your faces. "No need to apologize."

"Will adopting that animal close your mouth for a while?" Obanai softly nudges your shoulder, walking ahead of you.

"Yeaaah.." You touch your shoulder, catching up with him.

"Y/N, do you even know where a animal shelter is around here?" Obanai stopped in his tracks, turning around.

You step back, realizing you both were close, you laugh under your breath nervously. "Oh.. yeah.."

Obanai blinked. "Do you?"

"Yeah..yeah! I do..!" You quickly nod, leading the way.

You both walk further and further away from the Butterfly Mansion, as the Sun slowly sets.

"Y/N, do you know your way back?" Obanai grows worried, his hand by his sword.

"Mhm!" You nod. "Look, we're here! Now stop worrying..!" You softly nudge his shoulder playfully.

You both enter the shelter, the bright lights enter your eyes, causing you both to squint. Kaburamaru rested his small head on Obanai's black hair, closing his eyes.

"Aww, look! Puppies!" You point to the puppies, clenching your chest, shaking side to side.

"There's kitties and bunnies too! Obanai, are you looking??" You run around like a kid at the park, turning your head over at Obanai.

"Yes, I'm watching. Just don't get lost." Obanai nodded, walking over to where you're at.

"Perhaps a guard dog would help us with safety. I don't know if Master will accept it, though..." Obanai muttered under his breath, looking at the puppy section in thought.

"You think too much..." You look at him, smiling. "Plus, these are puppies, young dogs."

"That will grow up and be a dog." Obanai finishes your sentence, nodding.

"True.." You exhale, watching Obanai pick up a certain puppy from the pin.
"Whatcha got there?" You blink, standing next to Obanai.

Obanai held the puppy away from him, observing its features. The puppy yapped at Kaburamaru as he hissed back.

"Oh a German Shepherd puppy? That's rare." You tilt your head towards Obanai.

Obanai pushes Kaburamaru away gently with his hand. "Yeah." He'd reply.

"Want to adopt him?" You try to rub the puppy's head, almost getting your hand chomped.

"Mhm." Obanai nodded, setting the puppy down in the pin for a second before getting the one of the workers.

You didn't need to keep an eye on the puppy, since he stood out from all the others.

~*~

Eventually, you both made your way back to the mansion, you carry the carrier and the other items for the puppy carefully.

"I swear, if I get in trouble for this.." Obanai exhaled, looking at the carrier in concern.

"Don't worry. It'll be fine." You wrap your arm around his, walking into the Mansion, into his room.

Obanai shuts the door, sighing as he sat on the edge of his bed, taking off his haori.

"Can I open the carrier yet?" You sit on the floor where the puppy was, looking at Obanai impatiently.

"Yes, go ahead." Obanai sat next to you on the floor.

You open the carrier as soon as Obanai says yes. You find the puppy in the back corner on the carrier, squinting his eyes at both of you. "This one has an attitude." Obanai blinked.

You back away from the carrier, telling Obanai to do the same. "Are we scared of the puppy all of a sudden? I don't get it." Obanai looked at you, raising a brow.

You don't answer, Obanai looks at the carrier confusingly. Eventually, the puppy steps out the carrier. "He just needs some time to get used to things!" You reply with a smile.

Obanai slightly blushes at your bright appearance. "Alright." He'd nod.

"What should we name him?" You blink.

Obanai looked at the floor, hesitating for a moment.

You quickly and gently grab the puppy, setting him on your lap. The puppy rests on your lap, closing his eyes. You turn your head towards Obanai.

"Hey, Obanai."

"What about the name Cupid?"

"That's a nice name."

"Okay! Cupid it is!"

~*~

I didn't mean for my hands to hurt after this... :')

Have a wonderful day!