Shinazugawa Genya | Hostile Protection Part 1

Warning! Minor Swearing

~*~
You swing part of your legs while resting on the front porch of the garden's mansion. You take a sip of your green tea, lifting your head up to let the calm breeze through your body.

You lower your head back to your resting spot with a calm exhale, immediately finding Genya in your face. Startled, small drops of tea seeps into your clothing as you flinched, making Genya jump back as well.

"Oh, sorry." Genya dipped his head along with his voice, already in a flustered blush. "That's fine, you just startled me a bit." You softly chuckle under your breath, looking at the small stains on your clothes, that'll soon dry up. You look up at Genya. "Anyways! Whatcha need?" You tilt your head with a smile.

Genya's body froze up for a moment, looking at your face. For a second, he forgot what he was doing to ask, so you two sat there in some sort of awkward silence. "Genya?" You blink concerningly. "You're turning pink-" You mutter, slanting your eyes curiously. "You alright?" You add on, setting your cup down.

Genya gave a quick nod. "I um, just forgot what I was going to say." Genya lowered his head embarrassingly as a small snort escaped your throat. "Wanna sit down?" You suggest, patting an open sitting spot right next to you with your hand.

Hesitantly, Genya eventually sat down beside you with his head still low. "Are.. you actually alright? You're burning up." Your tone shifts to a concerned tone of voice quickly, rubbing his warm back as he starts to tremble. "Y/N. Can I.. show you something?" Genya finally spat out the words, but they weren't the right words he were trying to find.

You blink. "Oh, sure!" You sighed a sigh of relief as Genya spoke to you once again. Genya letted out a shaky exhale, rising to his feet. He wanted to hold out his hand for you to grab, but his nerves held him back. So, Genya waited in for you to get up. "Follow me." Genya said, walking ahead with a speed-walk. "Ah- wait!" You catch up with him.

You both walked in an awkward silence. You tried your best to communicate with the slayer, but that made him nervous by the second. You look up at Genya's face, which was halfway down at the moment. What's wrong? Why isn't he speaking as much? Is he mad at me? What did I do? You start to overthink with a small sigh, staying quiet as well.

"Here we.. are." Genya cleared his throat as you look around the scenery. It was calm and relaxing just by taking a glance at it. You covered your mouth with one of your hands with a gasp. "Aww, Genya! You didn't have to do all of this." Flattered, a hint of a small pink color forms on your face. Genya quickly spots your faint blush right way as a smile forms on his lower face. "I.. hope you like it." Genya spoke up a bit more, more confident in his words.

"I love this, Genya! Thank you!" You quickly reply with a bright smile, walking forward to see more details of the place. Genya still needed to tell you an important note about this place. This place was where you two are dating. Genya clenched his eyes along with his hands taking in an inhale, trying to get the strength to tell you face to face.

You quickly run up to Genya excitedly. "Oh wow, Genya! This place is so adorable! You really know how to pick good places." You give a slight compliment to the nervous boy. The strength that Genya gathered up blew away in an instant, the moment you ran up to him. "Oh, really? Thank you." Genya gave a small, nervous chuckle.

You two decide to sit and talk on a nearby bench area, along with a small water fountain infront of you both. The calm splashes of water hitting the bottom of the fountain soothed you a bit, as you grew drowsy. You look up at Genya which was still in his nervous state, fidgeting with his thumbs.

"Hm? Are you alright, Genya?" You questioned once again. Eyeing his hands down below. Genya snapped out of his thinking, his eyes widened on you. "Oh! Uh, um.. haha.. uhm.." Genya awfully stammered over all of his small words, almost biting his tongue in the process.

Concern entered on your face as you continued to look at Genya struggle. You eventually stop him by placing one hand on his arm. "Look, Genya. You can talk to me. Whatever you want, I won't be mad." You tried your best to comfort him with a soft tone.

Genya gave a slow nod, taking a breath. "Y/N.. this place isn't really a normal place to hangout.. it's um.." Genya paused as you blinked curiously. "This is a dat-" Genya's words were cut off by obnoxious, and distant yelling that caught both of your attentions. Genya looked over his shoulder, his eyes flying wide open as he lowered his head.

"What? What?! What is it?!" You respond to Genya's act in a panic. Genya grumbled under his breath in worry. "Nemi. My brother's here." Genya clenched his eyes with a whine. "It's over. I'm so dead." Genya added on. "Your brother?? Are you talking about Sanemi?" You lower your voice, rubbing Genya's back.

"Genya! Get your ass back here right now!" Sanemi huffed, dragging himself over to each location of the place. The scene was now quiet, startling others that were there as well. You slowly lower your head as well. "What is he doing here?" You whisper to Genya. "How should I know?" Genya muttered back, covering his mouth.

"Gennnya." Sanemi stood over you both with a scowl. He put both of his hands on the bench, grasping it harshly. Genya flinched at his hostile tone, slowly looking up at his bigger brother. "Nemi, I'm sorry I just wanted to show Y/N something and um-"

"Y/N?" Sanemi snorted at your name, glancing over at your direction. "You're talking about her?" Sanemi clicked his tongue, grabbing your arm as he got into your face. "What exactly were you doing?" Sanemi slanted his eyes with a slight growl. You stood quiet, traumatized by his unpleasant and unpredictable acts.

This was your first ever time you've met Genya's brother so, first impressions weren't that great. Genya quickly grabbed Sanemi's arm. "Please! Don't hurt her! She has nothing to do with this!" Genya looked at Sanemi with slight, tearful eyes. Sanemi swatted Genya's hand away with force. "Nothing to do with this? Then why is she sitting right next to you?" Sanemi slammed his hand back down on the bench.

He's too scary to even handle. Probably even demons are scared of him. You lower your head at that thought, glancing over at Genya empathetically. "Just please.. don't hurt her. You can hurt me, instead. It's my fault." Genya sniffled, small patches of tears running down his face.

Your eyes widen a bit, the act of Genya sacrificing his own will for yours made you feel a bit relieved, but slightly bad. Sanemi looked down at his sobbing brother, small pieces of regret in his eyes. Sanemi tensed up, letting go of the bench. "Stop that, and get it together. Right now." Sanemi shook his head, scoffing at Genya.

Sanemi held on to Genya's arm tightly before letting it go. "Get up. We're leaving." Sanemi tapped his foot against the ground impatiently. Genya touched his arm where Sanemi digged his tight grip into painfully. His head shot up at his big brother. "Wait! Can I at least say goodbye?" Genya quickly spoke, Sanemi shooting a glare. "No." The wind pillar responded in a deep tone, silencing Genya.

This isn't fair.. Sanemi's basically controlling Genya. You gave a small frown, Genya looking behind his shoulder, giving a small wave before leaving with his brother. You waved back with a sigh. I was too scared to speak up. Now, Genya's gone because of it. I.. already miss him. You ball your hand up into a small fist, looking at the broken splinters of wood sticking up from the bench, due to Sanemi's insane grip.

After a few minutes of thinking to yourself, you decide to make your way back to the mansion, since it really wasn't a far walk.

~*~
I definitely wasn't roleplaying on character.ai while writing this.
ahahahahaahaha... help, I'm addicted.

Have a wonderful day!