Cold Blanket of Suffering

(Art is NOT mine.)

Warning: this will have tragedy, violence and gore.

Narrator P.O.V.

The village of the Red Hunters, which is located in a far land that is made of pure winter. It does not stop and it gets harsher during certain periods, but the village makes do with what they have.

Here lives a young man.

A young man named [Name], who is accompanied by his kind grandmother, who raised him as per the tradition of the Red Hunters.

[Name's] parents left him with his grandmother at a decent age where he was grown up, but it still hurt him to see them go. The Red Hunters only offer 2 years of training since training can not replace the experience you obtain through real situations in this world, but they offer two options.

You stay in the village and become part of the Red Hunter watch or leave to explore the world beyond the snow. It is an arduous journey, but one that could be met with inspiration and the willpower to move forward, which also includes trading to bring back to the village.

Unfortuately...

[Name] never heard of his parents again.
They never came back, they never sent a letter and they never showed a sign of life.

Fortunately, another young man came to the village. In reality, [Name] found him in the snow with his team as they were making their way back. Frozen, shivering and pleading for help with small whispers while his eyes were closed.
He couldn't just leave him there, so he brought him back and, with the help of his Grandmother, nursed and warmed him up.

He saw this man's face finally open its eyes and he felt drawn to him, almost as if they were magnets just drawing closer. He looked deep into his eyes. He gently pushed away the hairs in his face and offered him some more warm soup.
The man sat up and also felt drawn to his young man, simply nodding as he proceeded to try and take the bowl and spoon away from him, which [Name] quickly snatched away.

"No, you need to relax and regain your strength. No guest of mine who was out in that cold will be moving a muscle until they are perfectly healthy." He scolded, but more like reminded the man as he proceeded to feed the man. Sheepishly and embarrassingly, he began to eat every spoonful he was given.

He was nursed back to perfect health after a month of care from this stranger he just met, but he recognized that, within him, [Name] didn't feel like a stranger.

[Name] was preparing a bag of supplies and clothes for this man, who he found out was named Aiche, which means 'beauty'.

He was preparing it and knew the man needed to go, but he couldn't help feel sad at the departure. What if he stayed? What if he just lived here? On the other hand, he assumed he missed his family, so he just kept preparing everything until Aiche barged into [Name's] house.

He walked over to [Name] and saw the bag, his stoic expression never leaving his face as he turned back to stare at [Name].

"Do you want me to go?" He asked.

"W-What? Of course not! I-I mean... I don't want you to go, but I know you must have a family that misses you." He replied, placing his sight back onto the bag and slowly preparing everything, almost as if to delay the departure as best as he can.

"Look at me."

[Name] turned to look at Aiche and looked deep into those eyes he loved to stare at, meeting his gaze as Aiche slowly closed in on [Name], wrapping one of his arms around his waist as he used his free hand to caress [Name's] face.

He looked deep into [Name's] eyes.

"What if you were the only family I have left?
Would you be happier then?" He asked.