The Penguin

Your P.O.V.

I was chatting with Oswald, a plate with a huge pile of raw fish in front of him as we both had a good laugh. I watched as the henchmen rushed in to warn him that Batman was coming to rescue me, interrupting his meal as he was just about to grab a nibble. He immediately grabbed my hand and ran as fast as he could, dragging me along as i looked around to see if i could see Batman through the windows.

"Oswald... it was just a matter of time." I stated as i forced him to stop running, holding his hand and turning him around to give him a small smile. He reluctantly stopped in his tracks and looked at me, the sadness in his eyes breaking my heart as i knew his past.

"It's ok, Oswald. It was just a matter of time, but i'll try to convince him to not pummel you into the ground." He gently grabbed my hands, looking at them and caressing them as his eyes began to tear up, falling down his pale cheeks and pointy nose as he began to gently sob.

"You remind me so much of her. She was the only person who cared for me, but you are so similar to her." I remember the day he told me about his past and i had quietly listened at how his mother was the only person who accepted him and cared for him. The only person who supported him through the constant neglect and bullying that his father and classmates gave him.

"Hey, you say it like you're never gonna see me again." I gave him another smile, this one more brighter and warmer than the sun. He smiled back, gently pulling me into an embrace.

"Never thought i'd be friends with a member of the Wayne family. He probably sent The Bat to take ya back, right?" I nodded at this, never even thinking that i would have to lie to his face about that fact.

"Yeah... i'll try to convince Batman to just leave you alone." I said as i let out a small sigh, only to have a window from behind shatter and hear a loud thud, already knowing it was my big brother. I immediately ran up to him and placed myself in front of him to shield Oswald, stopping him from going any closer.

"Please don't punch him! He didn't hurt or touch me at all!" I began to plead and all i got was a faint grunt from him, acknowledging my begging and grabbing me to carry me away, soaring through the air until we landed on a rooftop and checked to see if i didn't get hurt.

"How many times have i told you to stop hanging out with him?! He lives a dangerous life and you could get killed!" He softly yelled at me as he grabbed me from my shoulders, i gently pushed his arms off me and stood my ground.

"I'm the only person who seems to actually care for him. He lost the person who loved him the most and he said that i seemed so similar to her, that i cared for him just like his mother did." I replied and he grew silent, only giving me a long pause as he just looked at me.

"I just don't want you to bump into the other criminals." He replied, letting out a sigh of frustration as i placed my hand on his shoulder and gave him a small smile. He only grabbed me again and carried me back to the manor, gently setting us on the ground and making sure i didn't get hurt along the way.

He pushed me inside and closed the door behind us, forcing me to my room and locking me inside. I began to bang on the door and yelling for him to let me out, leaving me in my room for days as the only human contact i've had since i was locked inside was Alfred, unlocking the door to bring me some food.

"Master Bruce is out for some business. Would you like to come outside for a bit?"

I shook my head.

"No, he'll find out anyways. I overheard him talking to Dick and Tim to keep an eye on me, so all hell would break loose if i even think of stepping outside." I calmly explained as Alfred gave me a defeated sigh, knowing i was right about the situation. He gently placed a tray on the table in my room, showing a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a cup of hot chocolate.

"Thank you, Alfred." I managed to thank him before he walked out of my room, moving over to the chair that was beside the table and trying my best to enjoy my small snack. I began to think about Oswald and wondering if he was ok, but i had a really bad feeling so i turned on the TV to see what was going on in the city of Gotham.

"Breaking News!"

I knew it was just my luck to suddenly turn the TV on to some breaking news, but i didn't expect the next thing that appeared on the screen. It was Oswald, surrendering himself to the police and being taken to Arkham Asylum with a sad look on his face. He looked broken on the outside and on the inside, just completely shattered as his eyes looked dull.

I immediately stood up and tried for the door, remembering it was locked until i heard a tap on my window. I quickly ran over it to meet Jason, holding out his hand for me.

"You wanna see your friend or not?"

I couldn't help the grin on my face as i grabbed his hand, helping me out and pulling me out. He helped me escape from the manor and took me to Arkham, i quickly ran over to the receptionist and asked if i could visit Oswald. She shook her head until she saw Jason, thinking that this was for some hero business as she quickly let us through and told another nurse to help us find our way.

I made my way over to Oswald once i saw him in his cell, seeing him completely defeated as i saw him sitting on his bed.
I gently knocked on the glass, catching his attention and i swear i could have gone blind with the smile he gave me. He slowly stood up with a massive grin and walked over to the glass, the life in his eyes returning completely.

"Good to see you again [Name]."

He said in a tone that was filled with relief and let out a large sigh, making me let out a small laugh at his reaction.

"You sound as if you were never gonna see me again."

The end.