Magical ranking

Your P.O.V.

"Not-... not... like this."

I saw a young girl get stabbed by multiple spears that pierced her torso, completely missing her heart, blood coming out of her mouth as she collapsed onto the ground and let out small sobs. A terrifying creature resembling a small imp covered in red came forward with another spear that had a dark, menacing aura surrounding it as it seemed to seep a black liquid.

I stepped back as the girl seemed to reach out for me, but i was unable to completely move as i saw the imp raised the spear and jab it in from behind her, aiming for her heart.

I woke immediately as my whole body was trembling and sweating because of the nightmare i just had, just now realizing that i had tears streaming down my face when i wiped my face.

"That girl..."

I got up from my bed and walked over to the bathroom, jumping at the sight of a fluffy bunny standing on top of the toilet. Its beady eyes staring at me as it stood on two of its legs, waving at me.

"Don't be scared! I'm not going to harm you."

"Wh-... Who or what are you?!"

It proceeded to struggle to get off the toilet, hanging from the edges of the surface he was on and trying his best to jump off. The sight was actually pretty cute, but i tried my best to hold in my laugh.

"I'm Nezu! I'm the new trainee recruiter for the magical users, and you've been chosen as a candidate for the magical ranking system."

The soft and gentle voice, which seemed a mystery to where it even came from since Nezu appeared to have no mouth, spoke to me as i sat on the floor and held out my hands for him. He proceeded to use my hands as a platform for him to stand as i helped him to my height, still looking cute as ever.

"You mean that i'll be recruited as one of the magical boys? But, i'm too old to be a magical boy?"

"Don't worry about that. Now, repeat after me!"

'With the light, i shall fight
With the light, i shall decide
Help me defeat the wicked ways
Sharpshooter's here to save the day!'

"O-oh... you're serious?"

"Yes, come on!"

I sighed as i repeated what he said, word by word, and felt my whole body float. I began to panic until he told me to calm down as it was a natural procedure, only to be teleported to a place filled with a blinding light as i was then wrapped by ribbons.

"Wh-what...?!?!?!"

My clothes disappeared and immediately covered myself, feeling completely vulnerable until my body was covered by light.
The light covered my body with a white dress shirt topped by a short vest, black pants combined with yellow boots and a small hat to adorn my head as cat ears appeared on my head, my eyes becoming enhanced as i could now see from a much larger distance and felt something within me as i summoned a musket, jumping in the air, shooting the musket as multiple magical bullets shot out and formed a heart.

------------

"GO SHARPSHOOTER!!"

I heard one of the yells from the crowd as i was currently facing the corrupt siblings, their clothes dancing with their movements as their double attacks made it hard for me to dodge and i was being cornered by the concrete wall behind me. My rank was currently rising as a crowd was currently voting for me and helping me rise from the 500th place on the ranking system, summoning a row of muskets and firing at the corrupt siblings.

"You know, you two should be taught some manners!"

I summoned my ribbons as i wrapped them around the siblings, both acting like wild dogs as they tried to bite at the ribbons as a means to break free. I lifted them in the air and pulled them closer to me, aiming to muskets at their hearts as i stared straight into the eyes of one.

"Rest in peace..."

I pulled the trigger as i heard the crack of the corrupted shell that was covering their heart, flinching at the sound as i tried to hold back the tears.

"May the light be with you."

I whispered as their bodies returned to their real self, regaining the appearance of when they used to be magical girls. I put my hands together as an aura of light began to surround me and their corpses, returning them to the light sanctuary for a proper burial.

I began to walk away and jumped onto the next as the crowd kept cheering on, not knowing the full truth of our fight as i just smiled and waved.

"Sharpshooter. Are you alright?"

I turned towards Nezu as it has been a month after my transformation, still wondering if i'm actual material for this ranking system.

"You're fine. I'm a Trainee Recruiter, but, you've made incredible and amazing progress! You're already among the top 400!"

I smiled as i gave Nezu the crystal he asked for after i defeated the corrupted versions of the magical girls and boys, grabbing it with his cute and fluffy paws, storing it away into a small pocket of his that seemed to be bottomless.

"Get ready, the Prince of Hearts is coming!"

A small boy with a heart shaped axe landed in front of us, wearing regal clothing with a crown decorated in heart shaped gems as his cape was swiftly moving with the air, growing vines around him as he proceeded to slam his axe against the ground.
I summoned my muskets into the air as i summoned a cannon in my hands, aiming at him and feeling that my magic was running out.

"Spoiled and bratty... i'll have to teach you a lesson!"

The boy let out a screech as he charged towards me, preparing his axe as he had an animalistic growl and the vines were now approaching me.

I jumped in the air and shot the cannonball at him, sending him flying landing onto the next building's roof. I grabbed one of my muskets and pulled the rest closer with my ribbons, kicking the cannonball off his body and making it disappear in thin air as i danced around with my muskets, all of my bullets being shot at his heart since his shield seemed much stronger.

The crack of the shield was finally heard, but he seemed to still be alive as the vines were now wrapped around my body and holding me in the air. I struggled and tried to use my muskets, but only musket pistols appeared as i realized that my magic was running out.

"Oh no..."

My eyes widened at this as i saw a huge and sharp vine be pointed at me from above, seemingly aimed towards my heart and that motivated me to struggle harder.

"Not on my watch."

Something seemed to freeze the vines and a girl came sweeping by, breaking them and setting me free as i was dropped onto the ground, the vines disintegrating and becoming dust.

The girl proceeded to aim a freezing gust of wind towards the Prince as he was now completely frozen in a crystal case made of ice. She summoned a huge hammer of ice and smashed it against the ice case, shattering it to pieces as the shield crystal flew into the sky and landed in front of me.

"Nezu, here..."

I picked it up and gave it to him, he took it from my hand and stuffed it into his pocket, the girl walking towards me as he stored it away.

"I'm Snow Maiden. You're Sharpshooter, right?"

"Yeah, that's me. Don't wear it out."

I made some awkward finger guns and she proceeded to laugh a bit, laughing a bit in return at my stupid action.

"I heard from Nezu that we were assigned to a team to defeat Black Lady's minions. You wanna get settled and meet everyone?"

"Sure, might as well."

She lead the way and i followed closely behind her as a small group could be seen in the distance, the bickering got louder the closer i got.

'Seems fun...'