Let down your hair

Lucifer's POV

"What did i clearly say?!" My mother shouted at me, grabbing my long strands of hair and gently placing them beside me on the bed, tying them up and making sure it was comfortable enough to not tug on my hair.

"I-I... I just wanted to see what you see, Mommy!" I pleaded, looking up into her eyes as tears began to spill from mine. Disappointment was obvious within her glare, but it softened once she saw me crying.

She apologized for being so harsh and pulled me close, rubbing my back and whispering a comforting lullaby into my ear as my crying slowly stopped into nothing but small hiccups.

You don't understand.
Don't you know what's out there in the world?
Someone has to shield you from the world

I looked up at her, wondering what she meant this time as I could see the love and care in her eyes, opening the small window that leads outside into the beautiful garden at the bottom.

Princes wait there in the world, it's true.
Princes, yes, but wolves and humans, too.
Stay at home.
I am home.

Who out there
Could love you more than i?
What out there
That i cannot supply
Stay with me

Stay with me
The world is dark and wild
Stay a child
While you can be a child

I felt tears spilling from my eyes again, running up to mommy and hugging her again as i felt so guilty for trying to leave my tower. I felt her warmth envelop me as her loving embrace was wrapped around me, snuggling my face into her chest as my sobs became softer and softer.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Mommy." She hugged me tigher, feeling something wet drop onto my head until I looked up and noticed Mommy was crying.

"I won't leave! I swear!"

"No, you didn't make me cry. I'm just so afraid of what those wicked people could do to you! Humans react so negatively to someone who looks completely different or something they don't understand."

"I'm sorry, Mommy."

"It's ok, Lucifer. You're my precious son and i'll make sure nothing happens to you." She kissed my forehead, the part that was visible as a side of my hair covered my right eye.

She asked me to use my hair again to let her step down, even told me she'll bring me something special for dinner. I thanked her and began to clean the giant rooms within the tower, reading again the many books that I had and learning to cook with the new books that Mommy brought me. I managed to get the many ingredients that she brought for me and started mixing some of them, hoping I would be able to bake the cake for her.

After a while, I heard a voice under the window and went over to take a look. I was hoping to see my mother alone but I noticed someone alongside her, a basket in her hand as she smiled at the sight of me.

"Lucifer! Let down your hair for me!"

I obliged and happily let down my hair for her, falling down like a silk rope and holding onto it so she could climb, silently whimpering at the pain of Mommy and a stranger climbing up one at a time.

"Meet Arthur. He's an old friend of mine and i brought him here to meet you." She winked at me and I nodded with a small smile on my face, walking over to meet the new acquantaince I just made.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Sir!"

He looked up at me as he was fixing his attire and he appeared to be shocked, completely perplexed at the sight of me and gasping for breath.

"Are you ok?" I was starting to get a little worried due to his lack of words, wondering if he was going to pass out. He regained his composure and kneeled in front of me, taking my hand in his and kissing the back of my hand.

"I must be in heaven because i'm witnessing the most beautiful angel."

I gently pulled my hand away from his and covered my mouth, embarrassed by his behaviour until Mommy called for both of us. She showed a blindfold and proceeded to put it on her friend, sitting him down on a chair and preparing his surprise.

I slowly let my hair wrap around his entire body, letting some strands slither around his neck as I pulled away the hair that hid the right side of my face and revealing a large mouth. Gaping and drooling with sharpened teeth as he seemed completely oblivious.

"The world is dark and wild, my dear."

I nodded at Mommy as I slowly stepped closer to the man who hurt her in the past, the drooling becoming excessive as I could already taste his delicious flesh.

"Why don't we show him?"

She teasingly asked, gently pulling the blindfold from his eyes and met with a horrified stare, screams of bloody murder soon echoing from his mouth as I launched myself onto him.

The end.