The beginning of the end

Narrator P.O.V.

"THERE SHE IS!!"

"GET THE WITCH! BURN HER AT THE STAKE!"

A woman that was carrying a heavy book in the woods was currently running away from a mob, the mob had chased her down as they figured out that she was the one who had cursed their small town. She ran faster than ever before, summoning her creatures along the lines as they chased the citizens of this small town, she was now resting under the tree she used for her summoning and was currently cursing a poor soul who would take her place. Becoming corrupted with such powerful evil and thirst for blood that they would become unstoppable, plaguing the entire human population with creatures full of malice.

"THERE SHE IS!"

After she finished, she was knocked out and was taken back to the town to be burned at the stake. She awoke right before her execution, tied to a wooden stake and covered in a flammable substance.

She began to laugh maniacally and managed to spark fear in the whole town that was about to burn her alive. "You fools... Imbeciles... IDIOTS that think the curse will end, just because they thought that killing me was the solution?" She let out another laugh, but filled with such wickedness and evil. "You have no idea how wrong you are, but go ahead... kill me, if that helps you sleep at night." The town did as told and immediately set her aflame, her screams of agony echoed throughout the whole town until they died out.

But, while the town was celebrating, a baby was being brought into this world... and such a beautiful baby it was. The mother was starting to give up hope until the sound of crying coming from an infant filled her ears. Tears of joy began to sprout from her eyes as she quickly asked to hold her baby, which the doctors obliged.

"Oh... such a beautiful boy!"

"What will his name be?"

"(Y/n), (Y/n) (L/n)" In that moment, the earth began to shake as the sky began to turn dark and green, lighting flashing and thunder rumbling as that wicked and evil laugh echoed through the entire town one last time.

-------

"Mom, why is everybody forbidden to go into the woods?"

"Because the woods are dangerous. Come on, let's go have dinner"

(Y/n), a five year old child, was wondering why everyone was forbidden to go into the woods. Everyone would be scolded and dragged away, even if they were decently far from the woods, being given a lecture that lasted a thousand years. But, he felt that something was so... alluring about the woods. Almost as if they were calling to him. He always wondered why everyone dreaded going into the woods, even those who were just recently born.

"(Y/nnnnnn)~" He looked back at the woods, finding it odd that they were actually calling out to him. He never heard this voice before, but, somehow, it sounded so... familiar.

"Come play with us~"

(Pssst... Pages of Malice, new book and the first chapter is out now!)