Jake Muller

Your P.O.V

"Get it off me! GET IT OFF ME!" I yelled out as I had a B.O.W sitting on me, pulling out a machete and aiming the tip of it at my head. I let out a scream of horror until a foot met with the Javo's head, sending him flying off me and allowing me to get up, dusting myself and meeting my rescuer with a stoic look.

"About fucking time, Muller. Any longer and I would have been dead meat." I sassed at him as I crossed my arms, trying to cover up my shivering from the cold as he glared at me, grabbing my arm and forcing me to run from the rest that were beginning to shoot. He pulled me behind some cover and kept me from standing up, smothing my face in his abdomen as I kept punching his chest for air.

"Sherry is planting some remote bombs so just wait!" He replied, not letting me go until the sound of an explosion was heard. I took a huge gulp of air once he released me, gasping for air and falling on my back, my chest rising and falling as I felt my vision go a little blurry.

"Never..."

"Hmmm?"

"Never.... do that again."

I slowly picked myself up and dusted myself off, looking around and catching Sherry jogging over towards us, hugging me once she made it.

"So glad you're OK!"

"Wish I WASN'T because of this asshat who almost suffocated me with his abs!" I glared at Jake, crossing my arms and tapping my foot against the floor as I awaited for his response.
He simply let a small smirk spread on his face as a mischievous glint appeared in his eyes.

"So... I leave you breathless?"

"I'M DONE. He's fucking impossible and this cold gets me so.... SO..." I stopped myself as Sherry placed her hand on my shoulder, giving me a sympathetic look and a warm smile as I managed to stop the tears from leaking.

"I know, I know... We just have to deal with him until we can make the vaccine!"

I let out a small sigh, taking in some fresh and exhaling as I just grabbed my gun from the floor and nodded my head. She gave me another smile and proceeded to lead the way, Jake following closely behind and keeping an eye on our backs.

---------------------

"Snow... It just HAD to be snow..." I hugged myself as i managed to close the cabin door, trying my best close it against the strong winds and using my back to force it closed. I felt a sense of accomplishment as I heard a small click once it closed, only to be met with my butt kissing the floor as I slipped and slid down to the floor.

"Hey, boy scout! Think you can start a fire?"

"I'd love to! Now, get away from the fireplace because you'll just hurt yourself." I replied as I enjoyed the annoyed expression on his face, walking over to the fireplace and pulling out my box of matches, igniting the fire and keeping myself close to the warm bubble that surrounds it.

Being so close to the warmth of the fire reminded me of how much I lacked it when it came to the present and how my parents tragically died. The snow always made me remember the trauma of witnessing their bodies being crushed like paper and suffocated from the amount of snow that consumed them, leaving me completely helpless when it came to saving them.

I felt my eyelids become a little heavy and my body beginning to get comfortable on the wooden floor, slowly allowing myself to rest my eyes.

I felt myself drift back to that day.

The day when my parents were crushed by the snow and left me completely trapped in the cabin, screaming my head off as I broke the windows to help them and look through the snow. I felt the air become heavy as the snow slowly began to seep in through the windows, only one remaining completely untouched and my only light source. I felt trapped and alone in the cabin.