Piers Nivans

For SympathyandEmpathy

Your P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes to the sunlight that was peeking in through the curtains, my mind beginning to wake up as i felt something missing.

"Good morning, Piers!"

I announced, but i received no response and took a small look at the other side of the bed. I noticed that he was nowhere in the room and i didn't hear the shower running, but he surely must have been downstairs.

I got up from my bed and showered, dried myself, got dressed and put on my favorite shoes, proceeding to walk out of my room and down the stairs, being met with an empty house.

'No, he promised.... right?'

I grabbed my phone that i forgot on the kitchen counter and dialed Chris, wondering if he broke his promise or not as i didn't get any answer. Worry and despair filling me as i was still impatient, instead calling Jill and asking if she knew where Piers was.

"Piers? I thought he told you."

"Told me what?"

I asked her, regretting it immediately at the long silence i received as an answer to my question, letting myself drop onto a chair. I felt my entire world shatter as he broke his promise of waiting for me to join him in the force of the BSAA, leaving me completely in the dust.

"Y-you..."

"[Name]?"

"I'll call you later, Jill."

I hung up and wiped the tears away, seeing as there was no time for this since i had to go to school. I packed up my things and headed out for my school, walking towards the building as i put in my earbuds, letting the melancholy music hit me like a train.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and noticed that Veronica and Rachel were following me, looking at me with worried faces as i pulled out my earbuds and gave them a weak smile, finding it impossible to lie to them.

"What's wrong, doll?" Veronica asked as she sat me down on a nearby bench, her hand still on my shoulder as Rachel joined us.

"Yeah, you don't look so well." Rachel stated and i let out a small laugh, only for my tears to start pouring, my eyes finally burning at the sensation of the salty drops.

"He left me in the dust."

"Is this about that promise your man did?" Veronica asked, i nodded at her question and wiped away my tears. Rachel offered me a tissue, gratefully accepting it and using it to wipe away the tears.

"I'm sorry, but we need to get to class." Rachel stated.

"And deal with that narcissistic teacher of ours?" Veronica asked, giving Rachel a second to think and realize that he would just end up targeting us again, nodding in agreement as she knew what Veronica meant.

"Yeah, i see what you mean now. I think we should just take this day for ourselves and help our friend." Rachel said as Veronica nodded, both grabbing me by my arms and dragging me along with them, but i stopped myself from being dragged away.

"No, we're almost finished with school. We should just get it over with." I said as i gently pulled myself from their grip, letting out a long sigh as i faced the school building.

"Are you sure, doll? We can always skip today's class." Veronica asked.

"Knowing Mr. Stanley... he'd only punish you two and keep me after class." I answered, frowning at the thought.