Darkrai

(So DekuOctoling, i know you wanted the reader to be a zoroark, but that will have to be another chapter. Hope you enjoy)

{Art is not mine btw}

God! Darkrai x Mortal M! Reader

NARRATOR P.O.V

"Hey, gods? I don't know if you're there or not... but can you please help me find my soulmate?" Said a young and innocent (Y/n), at the verge of tears

"Granted" echoed throughout the room, not like (Y/n) could hear it anyways. The gods cannot interact with their humans directly, unless they use their human form. A hand was placed on the young boy's shoulder, the young boy finished praying towards the gods of his realm and got into bed to dream about what he wished for the most.

~timeskip~

YOUR P.O.V.

"(Y/n) can you be a sweetheart and fetch some water at the well?" A mature, yet sweet and gentle voice sang out

"Yes, father!" I replied, grabbing the water vase we used for the well and made my way towards it

"Thank you!" My father replied, i began to remember the legends he always told me about the gods leaving this well on our world with special healing properties. It also says that there is a secret beneath the well, but nobody has confirmed it since the well is too deep.

I used the vase and filled it to the brim until i noticed something strange on the side of the well, it was a peculiar black scarf with various symbols on it. Legend says that it belongs to one of our gods, i took it with me so i could take it to the priests at the shrine tomorrow.

"Interesting..." i immediately looked to see if anybody was around me, but there was nobody in sight. Was it my imagination? Maybe i should take a nap after i get this home.

~le smol timeskip~

"Father, i brought the water!" I shouted inside my house, i got no response and decided to look for my father. He was in the garden talking to a strange man.

"He is his soulmate, he is a threat to us all and shall leave with us at once!" The man was about to walk into our house but my father stepped in his way

"You will not take the only family i have!"

"It does not matter if he is your only family, he shall leave with us to the heavens at once!"

"NO!" my father had an angry and sad face, on the verge of tears. I was about to run towards him until the man pulled out something from behind.

"Very well, so be it" the man held out the head of a woman with multiple snakes as her hair, my father stared at her and slowly began to turn to stone. I ran towards my father but began to feel sleepy for no reason, stumbling into someone's arms.

"Fa...the...r..." he held a face of sadness and horror in his last moments, what shocked me the most was that the statue was shattered into a million pieces.

"Shhhh, don't make a sound" I look up to see a stranger with white hair and dark clothing, his eyes looked mesmerizing but i didn't have enough time to take in his features as i fell into a deep sleep.

~next day~

I gasped in horror as i woke up and remembered everything that happened yesterday, hitting my head against something or someone as i heard them groan in pain.

"Ow, be more careful ok?" I opened my eyes and looked at the man with white hair from yesterday, realizing that what happened wasn't a dream.

"Who are you?" I asked as i began to back away

"I'm not gonna hurt you... After all, i am your soulmate" he said which made my eyes go wide, trying to process everything at once.

"Wait, what!?" I asked again

"I am you-..."

"No no, i heard you... i just... what!?" It was hard to find any other words to use, i was completely speechless.

"I am Darkrai, God of the night and nightmares"

"(Y/n)... (Y/n) (L/n)" i introduced myself, slowly remembering the black scarf i had around my neck

"I see you found my scarf!" He exclaimed, i proceeded to take it off but he stopped me halfway.

"Don't take it off, it will protect you!" I just nodded since i still didn't understand anything

"Wh-what happened to my father?" I asked and his face immediately went to a sad one, my stomach turned as i knew what he was gonna say.

"They killed him because he didn't want them to take you away"

"Who is they?"

"My family, except my mother, of course. She told me that my soulmate would grab my scarf i hopes to return it!" He exclaimed, i blushed and nodded at this

"What now?" I asked, he looked at me and shrugged

"Now, we fight to stay together" he said

TO BE CONTINUED...

(So, i had an idea but this will take like another part to complete idk... if you want the second part then tell me, unless you wanna leave it to your imagination! Love you all!)