Beware the woods

Your P.O.V.

I slowly opened my eyes to see myself standing in some dark woods as the trees towered over me, looming above me as if I was being surrounded by giants waiting for me to be their next meal.

I took a look at myself, realizing that I was wearing a red cape on me and a basket was being held in my hands. I took a look under the cape and looked at clothes that seemed to be from another time completely. I began walking, almost as if I knew where to go and a small skip in my step as i walked through the woods.

I felt a little scared as I could sense someone watching me in the distance, feeling their stare on my neck until I put the hood on my head.

I reached a small cottage as i opened the small gated fence in front of the cottage, closing it behind me and reaching the door to knock on it. I felt a pit in my stomach as i knocked on the door, checking the basket and seeing a loaf of bread, a small knife, a bottle of wine and some sweets. The door slowly creaked open and an old lady opened the door, a small smile appearing on her face as she saw me.

"[Name]! It's so nice to see you, dear!" She stated as she quickly took my hand and welcomed me in, looking around and being amazed at all the beautiful decorations of the cottage.

"Granny... May I call you that?"

"Do you feel well, dear? You've always called me that!" A small giggle escaped from her lips as I awkwardly laughed, being completely weirded out due to the situation i'm in.

"Where is-" I noticed how large her ears were.

"Granny, what big ears you have!"

"To hear you better with, my dear!"

My eyes fell upon hers, noticing how abnormally large they looked.

"Granny, what big eyes you have.."

"The better to see you with, my dear."

My eyes fell upon her now wicked and crooked smile, the teeth she revealed to me were now abnormally sharp.

"Granny... what big teeth you have..."

A small and wicked laugh escaped from her lips as dread began to sink in.

"The better to eat you with, my dear!"

Her clothes began to rip as she began to grow twice her size, fur coming out of her skin as her face shifted into that of a demonic wolf. Her mouth drooled as her golden eyes stared down at me, eyeing me as if i was her next meal.

"I thought you'd look more grotesque."

"That's what you get for having such high expectations of an old lady like me."

I walked closer to her and caressed her head, giving her some small pats on her head as she grabbed me from my waist and gently placed me on her back.

"Did you use those lines with the old red riding hood?"

"Of course i did. The difference with you is that you're not splattered across all the walls."

Despite her thin and lanky body, she was strong enough to rip your entire body in half and rip those halves in half. She bursted through the front door and let out a large howl, the sky completely darkened and the moon shining as bright as a pearl. She began to run through the woods, showing me the many hidden places within the woods.

A mansion with growing vines.

A tower with no door.

A cabin made out of gingerbread and other sweets.

We make it out of the woods and see a sign nearby, slightly hidden by the rose bushes that grew beside it.

'Beware the woods'