Scarecrow (Intro)

(DC villain for leikesdark, i'm a little late but have been planning this one for a long time.
This is basically your intro and a heads up to what you are in this fanfic)

Warning: a bit of gore near the end

Your P.O.V.

"Fear? What a peculiar feeling you must be feeling right now..." i circled around the frail woman that i had bound to the chair, i placed my claws that had a dark and unknown matter flowing within them, she flinched and tried to break free before i stopped her. "I wouldn't do that, unless you want my claws to destroy your throat..." i whispered into her ear as i stabbed my claws into her veins, injecting whatever substance i had bought with my soul.

"Wh-what did you do to me!?" She shrieked as her entire body began to change, her face began to hollow out as her eyes began to turn completely black, her skin turned deathly pale and her body became extremely thin.

"I turned you into my follower" I let out a smirk grow on my face as she went completely inactive, waiting for my command as my magic has been fully granted. I proceeded to aim my hands at her and control her, her mind and body completely under my will.

"Welcome to my cult~" i let out a maniacal laughter through the new follower as i made her walk towards the cage, summoning a long and sharp blade in her hand as the rest of the citizens i kidnapped were shivering in fear.

----------

Narrator P.O.V.

"Have you heard of that old legend?"

"Which one?" Two boys were walking home from school as they were talking about random things, one of them coming up with the topic of an old legend that sparked fear within the whole city.

"The Wicked One" the other boy began to tremble as he remembered the legend being passed on through generations of the city, forever feared by all who dared to live in it.

"Yeah... my mom told me about it" He began to remember what his mom told him to be careful with, one could only be so sure. She told him many times to always sleep before 12 am, never leave the closet door open, never check underneath his bed after 12 am and to never listen to the "siren's" song.

"What is that about the siren's song? I never heard of it and this is the first time i do! Come on, spill the beans" he pleaded as the other boy began to shake and tremble in his pants, the experiences he had with 'The Wicked'.

"Just keep your ears closed, don't look at him and for all the is good in the world..." he grabbed him by his shoulders and shook him in place, having a pleading look in his eyes. "Don't listen to his voice" His voice was filled with fear as he remembered the lullaby that almost made him fall for his trick.

-------

"Alright, time to sleep" the boy's mother began to tuck her son in as she kissed his forehead goodnight, she walked out and closed the door behind her as she left a night light on. The boy began to move and turn around in his bed as she tried to find a comfortable position to sleep in, until....

(Song up above)

"Mom?" The boy looked over at his closet, the singing making his anxiety and dread skyrocket and paralyze him under his blanket.

"Come on, we need your help! Help us, please! We're inside the closet! Help us out!" Multiple voices called out for the boy, begging for his help as it seemed that they were in incredible pain. The boy slowly got out of his bed and began to slowly walk towards his closet, a faint and dreadful humming could be heard from the other side as the voices had ceased to beg.

"H-Hello...?" He reached closer for the door, his whole body trembling in fear as he began to sweat bullets. His eyes were getting a bit tearful for no reason, the humming only pulling him closer. He quickly opened the closet door only to find... nothing.

"Hi there~" a voice called from behind as a it began to wrap itself around the boy and squeeze him tightly, forcing the boy to stare into the face you were wearing.

"Haven't your parents taught you any manners? You're supposed to greet the person back" He slid his long and sharp claw against the boy's face, forming a small cut that was slowly being tainted by an unknown dark matter that was seeping into the boy's blood.

"MOOOOM!!!!" The Wicked One laughed and dragged the boy into the closet as the boy's mother opened the door to her son's room, finding his son to be nowhere.

"M-Marcus...?" She began to look under his bed, outside his window and everywhere he could have gone, she then met face to face with the closet.

"Mom?"

"Marcus?" She ran to the closet door and saw a huge creature with its hand piercing the boy's back, using the bloodied and mangled corpse like a puppet as a sickening and wicked grin was spread across its face.

"Peek-a-boo!" Multiple hands grabbed a hold of Elise, pulling her into the closet and closing it. The sound of flesh ripping apart, bones breaking and screams of horror and pain echoed within The Wicked One's dimension that he created.

"Welcome... my new plaything~"