Booker Dewitt 2

Narrator P.O.V

Booker and [Name] kept falling to their doom, spinning in the air uncontrollably until they were met with a soft and comfortable ground, springing them back into the air and realizing that they landed on a hill of mattresses, tumbling down the small hill and crashing against the metallic floor. [Name] groaned in pain but Booker let out a small scream and then a grunt, a metal bar had impaled his back and came out his abdomen, quickly striking panic into [Name] as all his knowledge on medicine had rushed into his mind.

He quickly ran up to him, stopping him from trying to get it out.

"Don't push it out! You'll start bleeding out and we currently don't have anything to stop it!" Panic was written all over [Name's] face as he looked at the wound, the detail far beyond any book he has ever looked through. "Don't move! I'll find something to help!" He quickly ran through the dark area and was met with a bunch of people around a corner, some sitting under makeshift houses to protect themselves from the falling debris and some completely barefoot, exposed to the cold metal of the Justicia Slums.

"What is- the people... this can't be right." His thoughts were stopped as a couple of kids let out a scream to his side, debris cracking once again and about to fall onto them until he stepped beside them and stopped it with his telekinesis, holding it in the air.

"MOVE! NOW!" He ordered as the kids quickly thanked him and ran away, throwing the debris away and turning around to meet curious and scared stares from the people. He gently placed the debris on the floor and noticed a familiar sighting.

"Johnny's guns and galore!"

"This isn't debris... this is from the topside! What is going on?" He looked to where the sign had fallen from until his train of thought was interrupted by a young man.

"Mister... you seem lost. You're from the topside, aren't you? Did you get exiled?"

"Exiled?"

"Yeah... most of us here tried to go back but we were sent here. Some of us were exiled unfairly. My husband and I were sent down here because we caught a police officer being corrupt." The man pointed to his husband and his kid, huddling close to a fire.

"This isn't right. None of this is right! What happened to the equal justice and economic status for everybody? I thought everybody could live a happy life at Justicia!" He exclaimed but all he got was a shrug, the young man patting his shoulder and walking back to his family.

"That's what they want you to think. The Savior ain't nothing but a phony, Mister."

[Name] was completely perplexed until his train of thought ran back to Booker, running around as he asked for a doctor. Somebody mentioned he used to be a doctor on the topside, [Name] quickly dragging him towards Booker as he still had the metal bar piercing his body.

The doctor immediately put himself to work as he pulled out his old medical equipment, sterilizing it with the last bit of alcohol he had and helped Booker remove the metal bar. He managed to stop the bleeding and take Booker to a better place to treat him with [Name]'s help.

He was helping the doctor until a certain feeling ran through his head again, a painful one that he was too familiar with.

"Booker..."

"Hey, I'll be fine. Thanks for saving me."

"No, Booker. I don't feel... so good-" [Name] fainted and dropped harshly onto the ground, hitting himself against some equipment in the room as a nurse walked in, one of the few nurses that The Slums has to offer.

---------------------------

"Where...."

[Name] had opened his eyes and was met with a worried Booker, his head still aching a bit but not as much as it usually does. He slowly sat up as Booker helped him, trying his best to take it easy as he still felt woozy.

"Hey, I'm the one that is severely injured and even I didn't faint like that. You alright?"

"Yeah, I'm just-" He reached out his hand but a small bubble appeared in his palm for a second, catching them both off guard as he didn't know what was going on or what he just did.

"How did you-"

"Don't ask me because I don't know."

He tried it again, forming a bubble around Booker and himself, almost as if it was a shield.

"Seems to be handy for when we need it."

"I didn't know I could do this."

Booker's face showed one of concern and curiosity.

"What do you mean?"

"I've always had these headaches whenever I was in my tower, but... this has never happened. I didn't know I could create bubbles like this." He was just as amazed as Booker, trying it out again and again as his wonder and curiosity was now skyrocketing.

-------------------

"Do you have ANY IDEA what would happen if he found out the truth?! Do you have any idea the DAMAGE he could do to the city if he found out about the rebellion and the lies his mother has told him?!" A man was yelling at a smaller one, intimidating him and making him cower behind his helmet.

"I-I..."

"That's enough, Monty." The soft voice of a woman spoke, calming down the man and making him clear his throat as he didn't realize he had let his anger take over again.

"Miss Josephine. We need to find your son immediately and bring him back to his tower! I've already prepared the workers to build it again and I've sent people looking for him as he seems to have fallen in The Slums.

Josephine's eyes went wide as she realized what this meant, but she could also use it to her advantage if he still blindly believed her.

"Alright... make sure he's back in one piece."

"Understood."

"And Monty... kill anybody who tries to take him away."

Monty nodded as he readjusted his tie and fixed his suit, walking out of Josephine's office as she stared out her window, watching over Justicia as she knew what would happen.

"Little rose is blooming, huh? We'll see how long that lasts."