12.

12.

everything old is new again

May 18, 1995.

i zipped up the pink dress. i must say it wasn't the prettiest dress i'd ever seen but then again, we're any bridesmaids dresses nice?

i looked in the mirror and put my hair up in a french twist, i curled the shorter pieces around my face. i was given a flower hair clip to stick in my hair too.

as i looked out the window, it was pouring out. didn't look like it was going to stop anytime soon either.

i clasped together a necklace that had a pearl on it, i snapped on some earrings and began doing some light makeup.

i slipped my feet into a pair of heels and went out the door. of course, i was a little late.

during the time it took to put my makeup on, i was surprised to see that the rain had stopped.

my shoes made taps in the sidewalk as i hurried down the street. i hopped on the l.

many people gave me odd looks, i guess it wasn't everyday where you saw someone walking down the street in bridal wear. although, it definitely wasn't the weirdest thing i'd seen on the streets of chicago.

"sorry i'm a little late" i said, gathering with the other bridesmaids.

susan was also late, she came a few moments after me.

and there carol came out.

she was absolutely stunning.

she wore a beautiful ballgown, the top was beaded and sparkly.

my jaw was literally on the floor.

the wedding was just about to start, or so we all thought. tag was nowhere to be found though.

it was hours later, carol announced that tag and her were no longer getting married. i couldn't imagine leaving such a breathtaking bride. when carol came out to the reception, to my surprise, doug showed up too.

everyone was dancing and having a good time when he came back around me and kissed my neck.

"what are you doing here?"

"oh, nevermind"

i was a little confused..