78.

78:
untitled
June 10, 1999

my shift was finally over, i looked at the window and the sun began to set. i wiped the collected sweat off my forehead. it was so hot and being four and a half months pregnant didn't help. it only made me sweat more.
i put my lab coat in my locker and grabbed my purse, heading out.
"hold on, y/n" randy said
i came around the admit desk.
"hm?"
"you got mail"
i shook my head, looking at the address.
"it's from doug" i groaned
i opened it up and a wad of cash fell out.
"sheesh" randy said, her eyes wide
i laughed
"anyways, you guys have a good night"
"looks like you'll have a better one" carter smiled
i shook my head, shoving the envelope in my purse.

i got off the l and started walking home. my back was starting to ache.
i unlocked my apartment door and slipped off my shoes, placing the envelope full of money on my kitchen counter.
i took a quick shower and put on a cut off tank top with some pyjama pants.
i started putting oil on my belly not too long ago. it's not that i cared about stretch marks but my belly began feeling like rubber, like it was gonna pop.
i stood in my kitchen, cutting vegetables for dinner. as i did that, i dialled the phone number, doug answered immediately.
"you alright?"
"doug" i sighed
"i'm assuming you got my mail" he said, i could tell he was smiling on the other end of the phone.
"i don't need your money, doug"
"i know that y/n, but it's the least i can do"
"the only reason that i'm not in chicago right now is because of you" he added
i was silent
"don't think about sending it back either because i'll just mail it to you again"
"you know, i really hate you" i teased
"i know y/n" he said in a somber tone, it made me kind of sad.

a/n: i hope your holidays and/or weekend went well! i also hope you enjoyed this part. votes and comments are much appreciated. love you all.