89.

89.
untitled
December 6, 1999

it was about a week later. i was starting to finally get used to this whole mom thing.
i was definitely having the baby blues, though. i don't know if it was the hormones, being alone, anxiety, or all of the above.
it was truly amazing how a body could carry and grow a whole human for nine months. i never really gave mothers slack before.
i felt like a superhero.
it was even more amazing to see how well a woman can bounce back from all of that.
a week ago, i was cut open and almost had to lose my uterus.
now, my pregnant belly was almost fully deflated.
i stood in front of the mirror and looked at my new body. my hips had doubled in size and to my surprise, my boobs still hadn't shrunk. i was still wearing an adult diaper, i didn't expect my belly and lower half of the body to hurt this bad. i guess that's what you get after having a c-section. all my organs were rearranged after all.
i finally got a shower in after a couple of days.
juliette slept in her bassinet on my bathroom floor.
i quickly rinsed my hair and body off.
———
later, i heard a knock on my door.
i ran a comb through my wet hair and answered it.
it was my neighbour. i never really got to know any of them since i was usually away from home.
"hello?" i smiled
a middle aged lady held a pot in her hands.
"im jane fields, your neighbour" she greeted
"nice to meet you, im y/n l/n" i smiled
"you recently had a baby, right?" she asked
"yeah"
"well, i brought a pot of soup for you"
"thank you so much"
"having a newborn is usually a handful"
"that really means a lot"
"would you like to come in?" i asked
"are you sure?" she asked
"if you're alright with my messy apartment, why not?"
i spent about an hour eating soup with my neighbour. i guess she heard juliette's cries and felt bad for me.
i told her my whole life story. how i was an er doc, fell in love with doug, had juliette. she had a 22 year old son she lived with, her husband passed away and actually came to county to be treated. i guess it really is a small world after all.

a/n: double posting today! i didn't really like this part.. i wrote it over a year ago, but it just acts as filler. regardless, i hope you enjoy my postings for today. this post officially marks the countdown to the end.. there's only 10 parts left before the end!!
your votes and comments are so appreciated!!
xx