A/N

dear readers

dear readers.

i just want to start off by thanking you all for this fic, for reading it and voting for it. really, this means so much to me.
this fic is my first one being finished and published. honestly, i didn't really even know if this was going to happen. at first, i was unmotivated and unsure if the ER world even had a fan base anymore. regardless, i'm glad someone is out there reading it.
after i saw even one or two views on this story, i got excited. now, in total (as of right now) we're up to 3K. it's insane to me.
i started writing around november of 2022, and finished in the early spring of 2023. let's just say, this has been a long going project of mine. after rereading parts of it, i know i need to revise and make some edits.
that will be a future project of mine.
either way, im still proud of the way it has turned out. ER is definitely my comfort show. i looked forward to it every night i watched it. this story in particular hit me. i don't know, im just glad it's out there.
of course, im a fan of doug and carol. really, they are meant to be together. im such a fan, i didn't even know how to end this fic. an alternate ending of mine was to kill off y/n during the infamous episode "rampage" where fossen shoots a bunch of people. from there, y/n would get shot and eventually die due to blood loss. meaning, doug and carol would be juliette's permanent parents. i didn't do that obviously, though.
as much as a plot twist would've been interesting, i felt like it was wrong considering this was a ross x reader fic. hence, them having their happy ending. also, this ending was the same ending carol and doug got in the show. anyway, i thought y/n dying was pretty cruel.
i know this is the end of the fic. i'm really sad to say that too. but, i have additional (bonus) parts coming out. which, include marks funeral and a little bit of a look into the future. i think i'll just make one big part with all the one shots.. i don't know yet. those will be coming later, though.
also, i'd like to mention. i have another fix coming out next week. it IS another ER based fic, except it's a oc x kovac fic! i have the preview out already on my profile. it's entitled "Goodbye Kiss". i also have another short fox coming out, i think i'll publish it at the same time.. it's about a whole other show, though (entitled "a glimmer of hope").
what i'm trying to say, is that my journey with you all is not done yet. i hope, it's just beginning. i have much more coming for all of you.
but, on that note, i'm so unbelievably grateful for all of you. who, have coke with me through this amazing, beautiful project of mine. i hope you've enjoyed.
stay tuned for some one shots and stay tuned for other stories.
edit: also! i want to point out that the first part i posted was april of last year! it's crazy to think that this is a nearly 1 year process. it blows my mind...
i truly thank you all,
xx