The elevator - Axel x reader

Setting: An elevator at the mall 

Slight warning for anxiety attacks 

-

Axel had always been obsessed with training for the zombie apocalypse. She spent countless hours training her survival skills, preparing for any situation that might come her way. 

One day, you and Axel  were running errands together, shopping for things to put into her survival kit and new weapons. As you both entered the elevator to head back down, the elevator stopped abruptly at a halt. The sudden jolt sent you into a state of panic.

Your heart raced, as you clutched your chest in panic, feeling the heat rise to your face. Tears welled up in your eyes, and you tried to speak, "What-What's going on?" 

Axel's heart sank and instantly went into a protective mode, wanting nothing more than to make sure you were okay. She wrapped her arms around you, rubbing your back. 

"Y/N, it's okay. I'm right here with you," Axel reassured, kissing your cheek. "Take deep breaths with me, just like we practiced."

Axel guided you through slow, deep breaths, while whispering "I'm here to protect you, and I won't let anything happen to you. Not even if it's the zombies."

You chuckled a little at your girlfriend's zombie obsession. She grinned, pulling you into a hug. "Did that make you feel better?"

"A little." You giggled. "I'm still scared but.. I'm glad you're with me."

"Of course." Axel assured you, kissing your forehead. "Remember everything we trained for survival? This is practice."

"I hope help arrives though." You mumbled, burying your face into Axel's shoulder. 

Axel nodded, then tried to kick the elevator open, but it was no use. She kept kicking, and much to her dismay, it still wouldn't open. She huffed angrily, then sat down, pulling you down towards her to lean against her chest. "We will figure this out, Y/N."

As you both waited for help to arrive, Axel continued to hold you, stroking your hair. She distracted you with stories of surviving the zombie apocalypse, and how if the zombies were to try to eat you right now, they would be brought back to the dead because she would take them down. 

You couldn't help but smile at her way of comforting you. Axel had such a unique charm, even during chaos. She lived for chaos, which was what you loved about her. 

An hour later, the elevator doors finally opened, and a sense of relief washed over both of you. 

As you stepped out, you turned towards Axel, bringing her into a hug, feeling her heartbeat. "Thank you for making sure I was okay back there, especially with your survival stories. They always bring a smile to my face, because they remind me that I can be resilient even through chaos."

Axel smiled, feeling glad that you appreciated her survival talk. "You're stronger than you think, Y/N. I'll always be here for you, no matter what challenges we face. When the zombie apocalypse comes, we are going to kick ass!"

You chuckled, shaking your head. "We definitely will."