Butterfly - Platonic!Manitoba x trans!female reader

Requested by: AcornMaple
Setting: Your place
-

You had recently undergone a name change to reflect your true identity as a transgender girl, and you were eager to let Manitoba in on this significant milestone in your life.

Manitoba was sitting by your kitchen table, waiting for you to share the news. You took a deep breath, feeling a mix of anticipation and nervousness, but you knew Manitoba would be supportive.

You took a moment to gather your thoughts before speaking, "Manitoba, I wanted to share something important with you. I've recently undergone a name change. I'm now officially Y/N."

Manitoba scooted closer to you and placed a hand on your shoulder. "Y/N, that's incredible! I'm so proud of you for being true to yourself. You're still my best friend, no matter what. And still very very beautiful." He gave you a wink, causing you to giggle.

You smiled back at him. "Thank you, Manitoba. Your support means the world to me."

Manitoba reached into his backpack. "Actually, I found something while I was exploring the other day, and I thought it would be perfect for you." He pulled out a small necklace with butterfly pendants.

"It's a charm with the symbol of a butterfly," Manitoba explained, grinning mischievously. "Butterflies symbolize transformation and change, just like what you've gone through. I thought it would be a fitting gift to celebrate your new journey."

You held the necklace in your hands, feeling touched by Manitoba's thoughtfulness. "Manitoba, this is the most beautiful gift I've ever received. Thank you so much."

Manitoba grinned and wrapped his arms around you in a tight hug. "You're welcome, Y/N. I'm here for you every step of the way."

You smiled, knowing your journey was officially evolving just like a butterfly.