Your scream is the only one I don't want to hear - Lauren x reader

Requested by: JebTheCanadian

Setting: Y/N's house

Lauren, also known as 'Scary girl' by her peers was obsessed with everything dealing with horror, so you decided to invite her over on a date at your place to watch a horror movie. You had feelings for Lauren for about a month, so you were glad she agreed to go out with you tonight. You were curious about Lauren's preferences, so you had her pick out the movie. To your dismay, she picked the movie "Saw." 

You glanced at Lauren in horror, as she munched her popcorn, happily hearing the victim's screams. You cringed slightly, and she turned to you with a wide smile, obviously unbothered. 

"What's the matter, Y/N?" Lauren asked, laughing. "Isn't this amazing? The screams.. The blood. The agony."

You shook your head, "Actually.. This is really disturbing, Lauren." 

Lauren titled her head, giggling. "No it isn't. It's beautiful."

You felt an uneasy feeling in your chest. "Um.. I'm going to get more popcorn."

You went to the kitchen, feeling uneasy about Lauren. You knew she had a fascination for gore, but you didn't think she would like torture. Saw was just a movie, but these things happen in real life where people get killed everyday. You took a deep breath, then scooped more popcorn into the bowl, meeting Lauren on the couch. 

Lauren pulled you into a hug, then grabbed some popcorn from your bowl, eating it. She whispered into your ear, "I may enjoy horror movies, but that doesn't mean I will let this happen to you in real life. Your scream is the only one I don't want to hear, and I want you alive for as long as possible so we can hear others screams together."

"Thanks?" You chuckled, oddly fascinated by the girl. 

Lauren happily nodded, then snuggled into your chest, oblivious to your discomfort. You smiled a little, feeling the tension from earlier disappear. Lauren was weird in her own way, but you decided to see where this goes and give her a chance. Maybe she isn't such a scary girl. Maybe she's just weird. 

And hopefully she means what she says; that your scream is the only one she does not want to hear. And hopefully, that also means she keeps her promise; that you will be alive for as long as possible.