Deep conversations - Duncan x shy!reader

Requested by: MysteryCraftee
Setting: TDI
-

As you walked up to your cabin late at night, feeling the weight of a long day weighing on your shoulders, you noticed Duncan sitting on the porch steps, his gaze fixed on you. You hesitated for a moment before deciding to approach him. You took a deep breath and make your way towards him, your heart pounding in your chest.

"Hey," Duncan says, breaking the silence as you draw closer. "Having trouble sleeping too?"

You nod, offering a shy smile. "Yeah, it's been a long day. I couldn't shake off this feeling of being out of place."

Duncan pats the spot next to him on the steps, inviting you to sit down. The two of you sat in silence for a moment, the sound of crickets chirping filling the air.

Duncan broke the silence. "You know, Y/N, you're a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for. Being shy doesn't make you any less capable or deserving of being here."

"You really think so? Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here, like I'm not cut out for all the challenges and drama."

Duncan leaned in closer, his voice gentle. "Look around, Y/N. We're all a bunch of misfits here. That's what makes this place special. We all have our own quirks and insecurities, but it's those very things that make us who we are."

You took a moment to absorb his words, a newfound sense of belonging washing over you. Duncan's sincerity and understanding make you feel seen and accepted in a way you've never felt before.

Duncan continued, "You have a quiet strength that sets you apart. Your shyness doesn't define you; it's just one part of what makes you unique. Embrace it, and don't be afraid to show the world who you truly are."

You found yourself opening up, sharing your fears and dreams with him. As the night went on, the conversation deepened which sparked a connection between you and Duncan that went beyond the surface level.

"You understand me more than anyone." You admitted, blushing slightly. "Thank you for helping me remember my worth."

"Anytime, Y/N." Duncan said, a soft smile on his face. "Anytime."