Secrets - Gwen x vigilante!male reader

Requested by: Michael33-
Setting: Adulthood
-

Living a double life is never easy, and it can be even more difficult when you're trying to keep a secret. During the night life, you and a secret organization you were a part of handled hate crimes where the victims had not received justice. 

Your fiancee Gwen didn't know about this, but it wasn't that you didn't trust her. You just didn't want her to get hurt. 

Gwen yelled at you, her worry evident. "Y/N, where the hell were you? It's 3:00AM and you haven't been home since yesterday morning! And what the hell is with those injuries! You've been acting suspicious and I need to know the truth if I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you. You're going to be my husband soon, Y/N. Act like it." 

You sighed, feeling a pang of guilt. "Gwen, it's nothing for you to worry about. I was just taking care of business. It was a family matter and my crazy uncle Steve was getting out of control. You know he's an alcoholic, right?" 

Gwen's face softened, as she took in your words. "Y/N, why didn't you return my calls then? I want to believe you, but it's getting difficult for me. You always do this." 

Gwen sat on the couch, putting her hands on her head. She sniffled, as she continued, "I wish you would trust me, Y/N. I love you." 

You felt your heart sink, not wanting to take her distress. You wanted to tell her, but this was for her own good. 

"Gwen, I'm telling the truth." You said, feeling a weird taste in your mouth, as you told the love of your life a lie. You sat beside her on the couch, kissing her cheek. "Uncle Steve needs me and he refuses to get help. Gwen, one day you'll understand."

When you told Gwen the last sentence, it had a double meaning. You hoped that one day, it would be safe enough for you to tell her the truth about what you do. For now, it would be just your little secret.