Don't let go - Chris x reader

Requested by: ughhhthisbxtch
Setting: TDWT
-

As you stepped onto the plane of the newest season Total Drama World Tour, your heart raced with a mix of excitement and nervousness. You had been chosen as the new cohost of the show, joining the cast and crew for another thrilling season. Little did you know that your return would also rekindle a long-lost love with none other than Chris McLean.

Chris couldn't help but feel a sense of anticipation as he watched you approach him. It had been years since your breakup, and he had regretted every moment since that fateful night. He had always hoped for a chance to explain the truth, to set the record straight and win back your heart.

Chris pulled you aside during a break in filming. He took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts, and began to speak. "Y/N, I need to tell you something. Something that's weighed on me for years."

"What is it, Chris?" You asked, your voice filled with a mixture of longing and caution.

"The night we broke up, it wasn't what you thought," Chris confessed, his voice laced with sincerity. "You believed I cheated on you, but that's not the truth."

Your brows furrowed in confusion. "Then what really happened?"

Chris took a moment to compose himself before continuing. "Blainely, another host from that talk show, kissed me without my consent. I tried to push her away, but it all happened so fast. I never wanted to hurt you, Y/N. I was devastated when you walked away, thinking I had betrayed you."

A wave of realization washed over your face as you listened to Chris's words. The pieces of the puzzle began to fit together, and a mix of relief and regret filled your heart. You had carried the pain of that breakup for far too long, blaming Chris for something he hadn't done.

"I... I had no idea, Chris," You admitted, your voice filled with both gratitude and sorrow. "I've spent so many years holding onto that hurt, believing the worst about you. I'm sorry."

Chris reached out and gently placed a hand on your arm. "No, Y/N, it's me who should be sorry. I should have fought harder to explain myself back then. But now, I want to make it right."

Chris reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, velvet box. He opened it, revealing a delicate necklace with a shimmering pendant shaped like a star.

"Y/N, this necklace represents my love for you," Chris said, his voice filled with vulnerability. "It's a symbol of the truth I've revealed today, and a promise that I'll never let anything come between us again."

As you looked at Chris, you felt overwhelmed with a mix of emotions. You could see the sincerity in his eyes, and in that moment, you knew that your love had endured the test of time.

Accepting the necklace, you whispered, "Thank you, Chris. Thank you for being honest with me. I believe you, and I'm willing to give us another chance."

Chris pulled you into a warm hug, not wanting to let you go. He kissed the top of your head, "Thank you, Y/N. I promise I won't let you go again. Ever."