Unconventional support - Ezekiel x insecure!trans masculine!reader

Requested by: Ilikethewordlarge
Setting: Your place

Requests are open again :) Remember, requests will only count if it's on the request page, otherwise I won't do it!
-

Sometimes you struggle with your insecurities about your identity and how you present yourself. However, Ezekiel has always been there to support you, even if he's not always the smoothest with his words.

One evening, you were feeling particularly down about your masculinity and the way you perceive yourself. You were on the couch together and Ezekiel sensed something was off. He looked at you with concern and asks, "Hey, Y/N, is everything alright?"

You sighed and look down at your hands, unsure of how to express what you're feeling. You took a deep breath and decide to open up to Ezekiel, knowing he'll understand. "I'm just feeling a bit insecure about being transgender and masculine, Zeke. Sometimes it's hard to feel confident in my own skin."

Ezekiel's eyes widened and he stammered, "Oh, uh, Y/N, I... I understand, you know? I mean, I can't fully understand because I'm not in your shoes, but I want you to know that I love you for who you are. You're amazing, and your masculinity doesn't define you. It's just one part of who you are, and it's a pretty great part, in my opinion."

His awkwardness made you smile despite your insecurities. You can tell he's trying his best to find the right words, and it's endearing. You let out a soft chuckle, and Ezekiel smiled the sound. He loved making you smile.

"I know, Zeke. I know you love me, and I appreciate it more than you can imagine," You replied, your voice filled with warmth. "It's just nice to hear you say it, even if you stumble over your words."

Ezekiel blushed and scratched the back of his head, a sheepish smile on his face. "Yeah, well, I'm not always the best with words, but I mean every single one of them, Y/N. You're incredible, and I'll always be here to support you, no matter what."

You leaned in and kissed him softly, feeling a weight lift off your chest. You realized that even though Ezekiel may stumble over his words, his actions speak louder than anything he could say.

You knew deep in your heart that he loves you for exactly who you are, and that brings you comfort and strength.