Not so bad - Damien x reader

Requested by: A_Smol_Bean2021

Setting TDI 

Damien had been wanting to leave the show, since he came, because he made a bet with his friends, and didn't actually want to do this. To make matters worse, he had never seen Total Drama before, so this environment was a culture shock to him. 

Damien sat by the lake, looking solemn, as his hands covered his face. He let out a deep sigh, stressed from the demands of the game. 

You had been smittened by Damien, since he caught your eye, so it devastated you to see him upset every time there was a challenge or when you had breaks. You weren't sure how to approach him, but once you saw him sitting alone by the lake, you had an idea. 

You went to the mess hall, gathering some chips, cookies, and soda. Taking a deep breath, you sat next to him, catching him off guard.

"Oh hey, Y/N." Damien mumbled. "What's up?"

You sheepishly handed him the snacks and soda. "I just.. I've noticed you've been feeling down lately, and I thought this might cheer you up."

Damien gratefully took the gifts, smiling at your kind gesture. He pulled you into a hug, "Thanks Y/N."

You giggled, gazing back at the lake. "No problem.. I guess being here isn't so bad after all?"

"I guess." Damien shrugged, opening the can of soda. "Do you want to hang out for a bit? You seem nice, and I appreciate the snacks."

"Sure!" You smiled, feeling excited to finally spend time with your crush. 

You and Damien spent the break getting to know each other better, and laughing, telling jokes under the sun. Damien's heart surged with relief, knowing that maybe camp wasn't so bad after all. 

"Thank you for today, Y/N." Damien spoke, walking with you back to the cabins. 

You nodded, then Damien pulled you into a hug again. After you pulled away then left, Damien watched you, as you headed back to your cabin. 

He smiled, feeling his heart race. "Maybe this isn't so bad after all."