Compassion - Zombie!Ezekiel x animal lover!reader

Requested by: MiaLoves_herwolf25
Setting: Boney Island 

This made me sad to write. Poor Zeke :( 

-

You ventured to Boney Island, fascinated by the mystery surrounding it. You set your canoe aside, then walked around, a little nervous. You didn't want to take any pictures, since you heard this island is cursed. As you were walking, you noticed an injured seagull and felt compelled to help. You wrapped your jacket around the bird and carried it to safety. You're not sure why, but you feel like you were meant to be there that day.

As you were tending to the bird, Ezekiel in his mutant like state watched you from a distance. His heart raced as he noticed your compassion towards the bird. You were an animal lover and this was no secret. 

You heard Zeke grunt from behind you and you turned around quickly then screamed. You held the bird in your arms as you ran as fast as you could. However, once you looked back, you noticed the heartbreak on Zeke's face, then you slowed your steps. You recognized who he was. 

"Hmm?" You asked, walking closer to him. "Ezekiel, right?" You remember him, he was the poor teenaged homeschooled contestant that Chris disfigured and treated like shit. 

Ezekiel nodded solemnly, and you smiled, gently setting the bird down at a safe spot so you could speak to Zeke briefly before tending to it again. 

"I'm sorry." You whispered. "You didn't deserve any of that."

Zeke nodded, unable to speak from the effects of the toxic waste. You sighed then took his hand, "How about after I help this bird, we find a solution together?"

Zeke nodded, still unable to speak. You smiled then continued taking care of the injured seagull. 

Even if it was impossible to get Zeke back to normal, you knew that you would continue to show compassion to him and stand by him as a friend, knowing that out of everyone you ever met, he was probably the one who needed it the most.