Just be yourself - Cody x goth!reader

Requested by: joanofarcgirlfriend

Setting: High school 

You and Cody were a match made in heaven, but you're different in so many ways. You're drawn to the goth subculture, whereas Cody is more of a nerdy dork who tries to be a ladies man. You both brought out the best in each other and embraced each other's uniqueness, but sometimes Cody feels insecure. 

Today, he decided to dress goth as a way to impress you. He put on dark makeup, a dark leather jacket, pants, a black shirt, and combat boots. Then, he spray painted his brown hair black. He cringed a little but then smiled and did a pose in the mirror. 

"Y/N is going to love this!" He exclaimed, posing in the mirror. 

Cody got into his car to meet you at the park, where he usually met you. He was excited and nervous for you to see his new look. When Cody got down from the car, you looked at him in disbelief. 

"Cody, what the hell have you done to yourself?" You asked, frowning at him in genuine concern. 

Cody's smile faltered. "I just.. I wanted to impress you."

You sighed, then gently took Cody's hands in yours. "Cody, I like you for you. Not because of some look or your interests. You're so full of passion and life, and I'm so drawn to you because of it. You have your interests and I have mine, but that doesn't diminish our connection. Be yourself, Cody."

Cody nodded, taking in your words. "You're right, Y/N. I'm sorry."

You kissed his nose then said, "No need to apologize, love. Now, let's take some pictures and look at this as a funny memory to laugh at later on. You look ridiculous."

Cody chuckled, wrapping his arm around you. "Yes, I do, but you still love me - weirdness and all."

You gave him a small smile, "That's just part of your charm, Cody. I wouldn't have it any other way."