Step in - MK x nb!reader

Requested by: Peachboy__
Setting: High school
-

Not everyone understood Y/N's gender identity, but MK was protective of them and made sure their pronouns were respected. Y/N and MK were currently dating and MK kept an open mind about Y/N's gender identity throughout the relationship. To MK, all it mattered was to support Y/N.

MK sat in the school courtyard, reading a book, when she noticed a group of bullies surrounding Y/N. The bullies were hurling insults and intentionally misgendering Y/N, trying to demean them. MK's mischievous side sparked to life, and she decided it was time to intervene.

"Well, well, well," MK glared at the bullies, raising an eyebrow. "What do we have here? A bunch of bullies trying to assert their ignorance? Must be a day ending in 'Y.'"

The bullies exchanged uncertain glances, unsure of how to respond to MK calling them out. Y/N looked up, sighing in relief. They always admired their girlfriend's comebacks.

"Hey, MK," Y/N said, their voice filled with gratitude. "Thanks for stepping in."

"No problem, Y/N," MK replied, giving Y/N a hug. "I can't resist putting these imbeciles in their place."

Turning back to the bullies, MK narrowed her eyes and continued, "Now, listen up, you dimwits. Y/N here is non-binary, and their pronouns are they/them. Got it? I'll give you a moment to let that sink into your feeble brains."

MK leaned in closer, glaring sharply at them. "If I ever catch you disrespecting Y/N again, you'll be dealing with me personally. Trust me, you won't like the consequences."

The bullies exchanged glances then decided not to mess with MK. MK may be very short but she had a lot of spike and it wasn't wise to mess with her.

Y/N smiled and gave MK a hug, "Thank you."

MK shrugged nonchalantly. "What can I say? I have a knack for putting bullies in their place. Plus, it's always fun to mess with their heads a little."

Y/N laughed, then MK smiled taking their hand. MK always made sure that everyone respected Y/N for who they were and Y/N loved MK for that.