Party - Ezekiel x reader

Requested by: I_maybe_trans
Setting: Y/N's friend's house
-

Ezekiel has been your closest friend since childhood. You met Ezekiel through his mom, who was your mom's best friend. Ezekiel never admitted this, but you were his only real friend. Although he had an awkward personality and odd sense of humor, you accepted him and enjoyed his company. 

You knew that Ezekiel was never allowed to go out that much due to being homeschooled with strict parents, so you decided to invite him to your friend Natalie's party.

When you arrived at his place to pick him up, you did not find it surprising at all that Ezekiel was dressed up like a gangster-like rapper. You playfully rolled your eyes then chuckled, knowing this was Ezekiel's way of being cool. 

"I'm gonna be the life of the party. Yeah!" Ezekiel beamed, doing a little dance. 

You chuckled, shaking your head. "Just get in the damn car."

At the party, to your amusement, Ezekiel kept trying to show off by doing cool "Rap star" moves and attempting to use modern slang like "Slay" or "Shook." He would butt into everyone's conversations and try to make friends. 

However, you began to notice that a lot of people were getting annoyed with him. They didn't understand his humor and found him completely awkward. 

"Get lost, geek!" One of your friends snapped, shoving him to the ground. 

You rushed over to Ezekiel, helping him up. You said to your friend, "Sorry, he's trying to make friends and he means well, despite coming off the wrong way at times. I can assure you that he's amazing. Give him a chance, okay?"

Ezekiel glanced at you, smiling gratefully. He appreciated how you always stood up for him, and gave him a chance when others never did. 

"Why?" Your friend asked, narrowing her eyes at you. "He's a total loser."

"Because he deserves a chance for you all to get to know him. He's new to this, and he's just trying to make friends. You'll see." You stated, turning towards Ezekiel. "Zeke, do you want to run the DJ?"

"Hell yeah! Slay." Ezekiel grinned, doing a zap motion with his hands. 

You laughed, while your friend chuckled a little, still not getting it. You led Ezekiel towards the DJ aux and informed the one running it to give Ezekiel a turn. 

Much to everyone's surprise, Ezekiel became the life of the party, running the DJ, and telling goofy jokes into the mic. Mostly everyone was charmed by his awkward humor, and found it refreshing. 

Ezekiel was one of a kind, and misunderstood, but you never stopped him from being himself. 

After Ezekiel stepped down, you clapped your hands cheering him on. You walked towards him with a proud smile. 

"You were incredible tonight, Zeke." You chuckled, pounding his fist. 

Ezekiel smiled, fist bumping you. "I told you I was the life of the party! Hell yeah!" 

You laughed, walking with him towards the dinner table. "Want to get something to eat?"

"Sure!"