Stupid feelings - Tyler x reader

Requested by: Cedric_wood

Setting: High school, homecoming night

You and Tyler have been close friends since you were little, and you knew each other better than anyone else. You couldn't deny that you'd had feelings for him, but you tried, because the last thing you wanted was to lose him. To everyone, it was obvious you liked each other, but both you and Tyler would deny it. 

It was homecoming night and much to your dismay, Tyler was going with Lindsay while you were going with Noah. However, the night turned out to be very awkward and uncomfortable for all involved.

You sighed, as you walked outside of the high school gym, just wanting to go home. You weren't in the mood to face Tyler, knowing he most likely had feelings for Lindsay. 

"Stupid Tyler and his stupid smile. I hate that I like his stupid face and his stupid self." You mumbled, angrily. 

Little did you know, as you were ranting on and on about this one person you don't like, Tyler was ranting a similar thing about the same person. He left the gym and his date Lindsay early, because he couldn't stop thinking about you.

"Stupid Y/N, and know it all Noah and their stupid dancing all night. Who does she think she is?" Tyler grumbled, his fists clenched in frustration. 

You and Tyler continued your rants, oblivious to the fact that you were mere feet away from each other. 

Suddenly, out of the blue, you both found yourself right in front of each other, both of you looking down as you both ranted non-stop.

"I lost my chance with Y/N all because I went on that stupid date."

"Tyler is an idiot and I wish he would stop being so oblivious."

Both of you looked up at each other with a mixture of confusion and realization, realizing that you were right in front of each other and that you were actually talking about each other.

You blushed deeply then stammered out, "Um.. Tyler.. Did.. Did you?"

"Yeah." Tyler chuckled, taking your hands and pulling you closer to him. "Looks like we were in the right place at the right time."

"So, what do we do now?" You asked, trying to hide your excitement. 

Tyler thought carefully for a moment, putting his arm around you and leading you back to the gym. "Want to go back to homecoming? This time as a couple?"

You giggled as you linked your arm with his, walking down the sidewalk. "Sure."