Lookout - Shawn x zombie obsessed!reader

Requested by: Galaxyandcrew

Setting: The woods

If there was one thing you and Shawn had in common above all else, it was a passion for zombies. You both would often train for the zombie apocalypse, researching antidotes for when it happens, and stay alert just incase a possible threat occurs. You were confident that if the apocalypse were to happen, you and Shawn would survive. 

You and Shawn sat on a tree, keeping a lookout for zombies, ever since your area reported more earthquakes and wildfires than usual. Many people said it was climate change, but you and Shawn believed zombies may have played a part in it. 

"People say we're crazy, but they will be proven wrong." You spoke softly but confidently, glancing over at Shawn, who was using his binoculars. 

Shawn nodded then whispered, "The zombies won't see it coming when they realize how hard we trained and how prepared we are."

"I can't wait to kick some undead ass. We get to showcase our skills and save lives." You replied, a small smirk playing on your lips. 

"Hell yeah." Shawn chuckled, glancing afar. 

You felt yourself start to doze off, and just as you were about to fall off the tree, Shawn held you up quickly, holding you close to his shoulders. 

"There, there, Y/N." Shawn whispered, kissing your cheek. "Rest up. I'll watch over us."

Sleep overtook you and Shawn smiled, then continued to look through his binoculars, while occasionally stealing glances at you. 

He was happy you understood him more than anyone else.