The encounter - Lightning x reader

Requested by: Fallyjolly724
Setting: High school

-

Lightning watched you in awe, as you strutted across the school gym playing basketball. You were well known at school for your involvement with sports, and many of the people in your multiple teams admired you. You saw sports as an escape from stress, while also something you did to have fun.

"Hey Lightning!" You called from the court, noticing the jock was staring at you. "Want to challenge each other?"

Lightning felt his face flush then he stammered in response, and you laughed throwing the ball into the air then catching it, and walked towards him with a charming grin that made his heart melt.

"I promise I won't bite." You winked, causing him to blush even more.

You intertwined your hands with his, leading him to the basketball court.

Lightning tried to focus as he was challenging you, but your presence made him so flustered and out of character. He kept stumbling, missing a few rounds, and seemed lost in his own world. His usually athletic skills were invisible, due to his infatuation.

After noticing Lightning seemed off and missed a few hoops, you stopped playing, a concerned look etched across your face. "Lightning, what's wrong?"

Lightning blushed, his eyes darting around the court. "Nothing."

"It doesn't seem like nothing. You know you can talk to me right?"

"You're just very pretty." Lightning blurted out, feeling himself blush even more.

Your eyes widened in surprise, and you felt your heart race. You gently took his hand in yours, "Thank you. Want to take a break and get some snacks at the student center? My treat."

Lightning nodded, trying his best to keep his cool. You smiled, then continued to hold his hand in yours, while you walked with him out of the gym together. Without you knowing, a huge grin crept across Lightning's face, and he felt this was the best day of his life.

Little did he know, this was the start of a beautiful relationship.